Film Festival Guest Services Assistant Intern
The Film Festival Guest Services Assistant is responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks to assist the Guest Services Department with meeting the travel, accommodation and hospitality needs of our visiting filmmakers, celebrities, media professionals and other guests of the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival. This position reports to the Guest Services Manager.
Duties include: Assisting with travel and hotel arrangements, meet and greet attending guests, make phone calls, run errands, coordinate schedules, duties, and training for volunteer hosts/drivers for all screenings with attending filmmakers, receive and assist guests and volunteers in our on-site office, other duties as assigned.
This is a great introduction and experience in guest services for film festivals. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience working with film festival professionals and other creative professionals.
Qualifications or requirements
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective communication and organizational skills
• Detail-oriented and demonstrated attention to accuracy
• Responsive to unpredictable workflow and hours
• Flexible, creative, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of humor
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Competence and resourcefulness in researching detailed information online
• Fluency in Microsoft Office and similar productivity software
• Current, clean drivers license.
–Part-time until the festival (approx. 15-20 hours/3 afternoons per week): 40+ hours from April 13 – April 29
–Start date: April 1st
–End date: April 30
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter to Guest Services Manager: [email protected]. No calls, please.