Front of House - Usher
Location: Minnesota - Twin Cities
City: Minneapolis, MN
Type: Part Time
Category: Visitor, retail and event services
Deadline: Open until filled
The Brave New Workshop Comedy Theatre is seeking motivated, enthusiastic part-time employees to facilitate the highest of customer service in duties varying from ticket sales, to concessions, and ushering duties, in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment. The Brave New Workshop is looking to add new team members to our tight knit Front of House Team who exemplify the great customer service that a comedy landmark such as the Brave New Workshop has come to be known for over the past 55 years.
Primary Job Duties
• Meet/greet guests in lobby and theater areas.
• Seat audience members in a friendly and efficient manner.
• Assist with set-up for daytime events in the theater as needed.
• Assist with miscellaneous office projects as needed.
• Maintain a positive atmosphere and orderly work environment.
• Work as a team with other employees to create a great customer experience from the first moment our patrons enter the theater throughout their stay.
• Simple cleaning.
• Constant monitoring of audience for any disruptions, problems, etc.
• Take drink orders and deliver orders to tables in the theater.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications or requirements
• A proven track record of excellent customer service.
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of customers, clients, and co-workers.
• Ability to give excellent customer experience to upwards of 200 patrons a night for anywhere from 5 to 20 performances a week.
• Ability to present a polite, professional, and upbeat demeanor.
• Available to work nights and weekends is a MUST!
• Flexibility, meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
• Theater and/or restaurant experience a plus.
How to apply
Submit cover letter and resume to [email protected]
No phone calls please.