Location: Minnesota - Twin Cities
City: Minneapolis, MN
Type: Part Time
Category: Visitor, retail and event services
Deadline: Open until filled
The Guthrie Theater seeks a temporary, part time Party Helper to provide support to Company Management for Opening Night Celebrations.
Duties and responsibilities
• Provide assistance to set up for scheduled events, including food preparation
• Provide assistance during the event and be available to step in wherever needed
• Provide assistance to clean up at the end of each event
• Other duties as needed or assigned
Qualifications or requirements
• Previous experience in hospitality or theater are desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to use to use good judgment in fast paced situations
• Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion
• Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status
Applicant must be available to work 7:00pm – 2:00am on the following dates;
Friday, April 14th, 2017 – Battlefield
Friday, April 21, 2017 – The Bluest Eye Opening Night
Friday, May 19, 2017 – Refugia Opening Night
Friday, July 21, 2017 – Native Gardens Opening Night
Other shifts may become available on an as needed basis.
A note from Human Resources
The Guthrie is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Posting expires April 9, 2017.