Youth and Teen Program Coordinator
The Minneapolis College of Art and Design seeks a Youth and Teen Program Coordinator. This is a benefits eligible part-time position (approximately 21 hours per week).
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Administrative responsibility related to the functions of planning, staffing, implementing, and evaluating Continuing Education programs for youth and teens.
Specific duties include:
• Course Planning and Implementation: Develops, plans, implements, and schedules existing and new youth and teen programs in consultation with the Director. These include Studio Kids summer classes; summer classes for teens; the Pre-College Summer Session (PCSS); and school year classes for youth and teens, such as Portfolio Preparation classes.
• Evaluates curriculum, faculty performance, and overall program success. Makes minor changes as needed. Makes recommendations to Director, as needed, regarding program structure and curriculum.
• Consults and collaborates with internal College departments regarding issues related to delivery of curriculum and scheduling, including for example: Academic Affairs, Academic Services, Computer Support, and the Records Office.
• Recruits and hires Studio Kids and summer teen instructors; Pre-College Summer Session instructors and staff; recruits and hires Teaching Assistants. Plans and implements training for new faculty and staff.
• Recruits and hires all Pre-College Summer Session faculty and staff.
• Responds to inquiries from prospective faculty about application process and maintains databases/spreadsheets of current, past, and prospective faculty.
• Provides support to summer youth and teen, and Pre-College Summer Session, faculty and staff, including: communicating important information, resources, and planning tools to instructors prior to each session, responding to requests from faculty, and collecting and archiving syllabi, course materials, and budget information.
• Creates contracts for youth and teen program faculty and staff using Adobe Document Cloud; track contracts as returned; track payroll notices and timecards as appropriate.
• Meet with new instructors and assistants regarding HR and Accounting documents. Provides thorough orientation for all new faculty; coordinates with the Media Center to facilitate AV orientations when appropriate.
• Works with department staff to establish internal catalog production schedule and deadlines and communicates with faculty regarding catalog deadlines, course titles, descriptions, prerequisites, and required materials and collect all information needed for course catalog.
• Works with Enrollment and Marketing Coordinator to ensure that all material for the course catalog is complete and accurate and to develop additional marketing ideas and strategies.
Other duties as assigned by the Director.
Qualifications or requirements
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in studio arts or art history, required.
Three years related work experience in educational or arts-related institution.
Demonstrated experience planning and implementing education or arts related programming for youth and teens.
Demonstrated experience meeting short and long term goals in an academic or arts related setting.
Experience teaching and/or developing art and design related curriculum for K-12 students. Experience recruiting, hiring, training, and managing staff; including issuing and managing contracts and related HR paperwork; overseeing the hiring process. Experience working as part of a team is vital.
Should have a proven ability to manage multiple projects in a timely fashion so that deadlines are met and details addressed while maintaining positive relations with co-workers and other departments.
Highly detail oriented with the ability to prioritize.
Should also possess a deep dedication to the arts and education – and to maintaining the quality of MCAD Continuing Education programming.
Ability to represent Continuing Education programs and classes in a professional manner.
Familiarity with a wide range of art and design studio disciplines and techniques, art materials and tools, and arts curricula required.
Familiarity with NASAD or AICAD accreditation standards a plus.
Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and sensitivity.
Ability to problem solve creatively and strategically.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) software and Google Docs, Spreadsheets, and Forms.
Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills required.
As a condition of employment, applicants will be required to undergo a background check.
Contact our website for complete position description at www.mcad.edu/employment
How to apply
Email cover letter, resume or C.V., along with the names and contact information of three professional references to [email protected] with “Youth and Teen Program Coordinator” in subject line. Application materials should be in PDF format. Priority will be given to applications received by April 7, 2017. This position has an anticipated start date of mid-May.
Posting expires April 13, 2017