Lowertown Resource Center
Housed in an adjoining space to our Lowertown offices on the second floor of the Northern Warehouse, the Resource Center offers individual artists and small organizations access to a full array of equipment, tools, and services in an informal, self-directed environment. Stop by to scan some slides, research travel grants, learn to use Drupal, read up on resumes, or print some flyers.
- Hours, Location and Term of Service
- Equipment and Reservations
- Publications Library
Hours: 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
308 Prince St. #270 (second floor), St. Paul, MN 55101
phone: (651) 789-6289
- Mac #1 Workstation (Reserve this station)
- Mac #2 Workstation (Reserve this station)
- Epson Perfection V700 photo and slide scanner (9×12 scan surface)
- Epson Expression 100000XL graphic scanner (12×17 scan surface)
- RICOH Aficio 2051 copier, printer and fax machine
- Epson Artisan 1430 Inkjet Printer
- Swingline Commercial Heavy Duty Rotary Trimmer (15″ cutting surface, 30 sheets per cut)
- Dymo 10 kg. / 22 lb. digital postal scale
- Gange Porta-Trace stainless steel light box
- X-Acto 12×18 self-healing cutting mat
- Long-arm stapler and heavy duty 3-hole punch
- Notary public on-staff
Available on all Resource Center computers.
- Lynda.com (MELSA library card required)
- Artist’s Market (staff log-in required)
- Writers’ Market (staff log-in required)
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online (staff log-in required)
- Minnesota Grantmakers Online
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits Legal Handbook (staff log-in required)
If you have a project you’d like assistance with, contact Andy (email@example.com) to reserve one of the workstations.
We offer do-it-yourself printing from any of our workstations.
8.5” x 11”
- B/W copy or cardstock – $0.10
- B/W glossy – $0.75
- Color copy or cardstock – $0.25
- Color glossy – $1.00
11” x 17”
- B/W copy or cardstock – $0.15
- B/W glossy – $1.00
- Color copy or cardstock – $0.35
- Color glossy – $1.25
We have over forty titles in our library that can be loaned out to users for seven days at no charge. These include how-to manuals, collections of sample contracts, popular professional development titles, and much more. Borrowers can take out one book at a time. You can browse our catalog of print resources on our Goodreads page. There’s no charge or application process, but you will be asked to fill out this form.
Late fees: If a borrower fails to return the book within 7 days of the due date, he or she is required to pay a surcharge of $0.50 per day for late payments, to be charged at either the time the book is returned, or in full ($3.50) if the borrower fails to return the book within 14 days. If the borrower fails to return the book within 14 days, loses the book, or the book is returned in an unusable condition, we charge the full retail price of the Book plus a 25% restocking fee. This charge can be waived upon return of the book to Springboard for the Arts. Daily late fees cannot be waived and are not refundable.