City: Minneapolis, MN
The Accounting Specialist supports the Finance Team by reviewing and reconciling various accounts and preparing relevant documents for review.
• Prepare and maintain Excel spreadsheets to reconcile and resolve outstanding items for various asset, liability, and income accounts within 20 days following month end
• Prepare and submit for approval as needed journal vouchers related to month end processes
• Process daily credit card report
• Review daily bank activity, proofing to departmental deposits and investigating reconciling transactions (Store, Costume Rentals, Box Office, Development)
• Send copies of EFT information to appropriate departments
• Research reconciling items by working with other departments as needed.
• Prepare journal vouchers to resolve issues when required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications or requirements
Two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping, or related work experience, or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge. Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, is required.
• Knowledge of accounting practices and procedures
• Ability to use a computer with Microsoft Office/Excel spreadsheet software and other office machines to accomplish work
• Strong attention to detail
• Skill and aptitude in basic math
• Ability to manage multiple priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner
• Ability to problem-solve
• Ability to communicate financial information in an understandable and effective manner
• Ability to listen effectively to assist in identifying and solving accounting problems
• Ability to create and maintain filing systems
• Ability to exercise professional discretion and confidentiality in handling financial matters
• Ability to communicate and work well with other staff and departments.
• Strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion
• Experience, ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status
• Experience working with UltiPro and/or Tessitura a plus