City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $25,000 – $35,000 DOQ
Button Publishing, Inc. is seeking an experienced and reliable Administrative Assistant. This Administrative Assistant will work directly with the President of Button Poetry to perform various administrative duties as delegated. The ideal candidate is able to work in a fast-paced environment, is motivated, reliable and enthusiastic about the arts. Some accounts receivable experience or other simple financial record keeping are helpful for this role. This is an ideal opportunity to gain further insight into the poetry and publishing world and to join a small, tight-knit team in the heart of Minneapolis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Conserves President’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; taking meeting minutes; collecting and analyzing information
– Maintains President’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel.
– Answers phones and greets guests
– Facilitates meeting outline and updates presentation for all staff meetings
– Maintains an organized filing system of electronic documents
– Engages in both financial record keeping and reporting as well other miscellaneous data entry
– Ordering office supplies and general office maintenance
– Updates and sends monthly newsletter to staff
– Act as a jack of all trades by helping in other departments, as necessary
Parking or transportation assistance
PTO and Sick/Safe
Salary based on experience level
Description of the company:
Button Publishing, Inc. is a multimedia publishing company focused on the production, distribution, and promotion of performance poetry. Button seeks to broaden poetry’s audience, to expand its reach and develop a greater level of cultural appreciation for the art form. Using multiple media formats, Button is able to build new and powerful markets for poetry, humor, and storytelling and drive publicity for books using video and social media, and has collected over 500 million views worldwide.
Button’s origins date back to 2010, but the company was officially founded in 2017. Button’s staff is a small team based in downtown Minneapolis but with small satellite offices around the country. We operate a casual and friendly workspace. We are currently growing and restructuring, as we settle into the Twin Cities business and literary communities.
Qualifications or requirements
– Proficiency in MS Office Suite as well as Google Suite (strong knowledge of spreadsheets)
– Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities
– Ability to be flexible with your role as business needs shift
– Bookkeeping or accounting software ( Bench, YNAB, Quickbooks)
– Collaboration tools such as Slack
– Asana or other task management programs
How to apply
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Administrative Assistant”