City: Minneapolis, MN
The Administrative Associate is responsible for providing administrative support to Arts Midwest’s President & CEO and Vice President for Strategy & Programs. This position also serves as the organization’s receptionist.
This position is a great fit for people who:
• Want a flexible day-time work schedule
• Thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Are curious and enjoy problem-solving
• Are friendly and enjoy creating a welcoming environment for visitors
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages President & CEO and Vice President for Strategy & Programs’s calendars. Schedules meetings and conferences. Proactively reschedules meetings as needed.
• Assists President & Vice President for Strategy & Programs with meeting and event preparation. Coordinates meeting logistics, selecting location, inviting attendees, and Drafts agendas, reports, and presentation materials.
• Assists with travel arrangements for President & Vice President for Strategy & Programs. Makes airline, car, and hotel reservations. Compiles itinerary and creates travel kit. Completes travel expense reports and corporate credit card reports.
• Assists with special projects, as assigned.
• Coordinates State Arts Agency Director meetings. Maintains schedule of bi-monthly phone calls. Convenes directors for bi-annual retreats. Coordinates travel and meeting logistics. Prepares meeting materials; takes and distributes notes.
• Serves as organization’s receptionist. Greets visitors to the office and answers the primary office phone line. Interacts with applicants, grantees, program participants, donors and prospective donors, the public, vendors, others in the community, and others in the organization and department, in person or via telephone or email, to answer questions and provide technical assistance or information about Arts Midwest. Opens and routes mail and packages, including incoming checks and invoices Maintains phone auto attendant and phone tree.
• Provides administrative support to office. Updates and maintains organizational calendar. Assists with troubleshooting office equipment. Assists with mailing and shipping. Maintains, organizes, and orders supplies for the office.
• Maintain intercultural competence.
• Staff Arts Midwest Conference as needed. Assist with customer service and other duties as assigned.
• Attend events, conferences, and meetings on behalf of Arts Midwest. Represent the organization regionally and locally, in the community, with funders, applicants, grantees and other stakeholders.
Qualifications or requirements
This job requires at least two years of general administrative experience, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and experience with maintaining a complex digital calendar.
An ideal candidate will have a 5+ years of administrative experience, experience coordinating meetings, and a commitment to the arts.
How to apply
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by October 22. Your cover letter will be evaluated as a sample of your writing skills and should address:
• Your connection to Arts Midwest’s mission and values,
• The unique perspective and qualifications that you would bring to the position, and
• How you see this part-time position fitting into your life and career path.