City: Saint Paul, MN
Salary: $37,500 to $42,500
Circus Juventas – Administrative Coordinator
Administrative Coordinator is a full-time position at Circus Juventas. We are looking for an organized, self-motivated, and analytical Administrative Coordinator with exceptional communication and problem-solving skills to handle administrative registration duties and optimize office operations.
The Administrative Coordinator will be crucial in supporting the administrative team during our registration processes and during our peak project timelines. They will execute office processes and policies, develop creative solutions to problems, help grow our curriculum for classes, and manage progress reports/move-up processes within the administrative team. This position will also act as our box office lead during spring show and summer show performances.
Circus Juventas is a tax-exempt nonprofit performing arts circus school for youth, dedicated to inspiring artistry and self-confidence through a multi-cultural circus arts experience. Offices, classes, and most performances are housed in our permanent big top in Saint Paul. Founded in 1994, programs and performances have expanded greatly in numbers and complexity. Please visit CircusJuventas.org for more information.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Assists/supports the Program Director and Program Coordinator in all administrative projects
• Assists in 4 seasonal registration processes + summer camp registration
• Works with Program Director, Program Coordinator, and coaches to update curriculum
• Manages move-up processes by coordinating with coaches: data collection/entry/disbursement (2x year)
• Manages Progress Reports: Data collection/entry/distribution (1x year)
• Works with Artistic Administrator to schedule workshops and coordinate coaches for special events at CJ and offsite events
• Assists in additional tasks as assigned by Program Director
Box Office Lead:
• Acts as ticket sales lead/box office coordinator
• Identifies issues/conflicts in box office sales hours
• Communicates the approved schedule for box office hours
• Coordinates training for ticket sellers between Ticket Works and volunteers
• Organizes and set up sales point stations when box office is open- especially during day 1 and first week
• Requests and manages cash box
• Coordinates staffing/ volunteer needs for box office
• Box office lead during shows
• Train volunteers on will call/ ticket scanners operations
• Reconcile and store cash box nightly
• Reconcile ticket exchanges and outstanding sales nightly
Qualifications or requirements
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum three years working in customer support, project management, program management, nonprofit administration, and/or communications
• Five to seven years’ experience required if no degree
• Strong administrative skills- analytical skills, problem solving, decision making
• Effective interpersonal skills to work with diverse group of individuals including staff, our international coaches, young students, and their families
• Ability to multitask and thrive in an often unpredictable environment
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude under pressure
• Ability to communicate well, both written and verbal
• Ability to think outside the box and be flexible
• Ability to accept change; capacity to implement change, when necessary
• Ability to work well with others
• Familiarity with Education Edge (Blackbaud product) a plus
• Experience with database management a plus
• Experience/comfort with Microsoft Office suite required
• Interest in the performing arts a must
• This is a full-time exempt position. Primary hours will be 10am-6pm (3 days a week) and 11-7 (2 days a week) Monday through Friday; evening and weekend hours as needed for meetings, performances and events, especially during registration and public shows (two weeks in April, three weeks in July/August).
• Circus Juventas offers excellent employee benefits and is an equal opportunity employer. Employer covers 90% of employee premium for major medical insurance coverage.
• Background checks are required for new hires.
How to apply
Email cover letter and Resume (PDF format) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 31st, 2020. No phone calls, please.