City: Oakland, CA
Salary: $22-25/hr, half to 2/3 time negotiable
Is this a remote / work from home position?: This is a hybrid position (partially remote, partially site-based)
Body Wisdom, Inc. / InterPlay, a global arts organization committed to anti-racism, is seeking a non-profit director with strong financial and accounting experience to serve as its Administrative Director.
This role, along with the Board of Directors and the Finance Committee of the Board, stewards primary responsibility for the financial and organizational health of Body Wisdom. The Administrative Director supports a vibrant global group of artists who are playful and embodied, committed to racial equity and transformation (RET), and seeking to build social justice-centered communities and community leaders.
Candidates must have strong accounting skills and an ability to handle a broad range of financial and administrative details. The desired candidate should be detail-oriented, responsive, and collaborative. Responsibility for artistic direction will be held by others within the organization/movement. A strong candidate will value both leading and following in all organizational interactions. He/she/they will have a clear awareness of the dynamics of systemic racism, and the ability to navigate diverse human interactions with patience, openness, compassion and humor.
Qualifications or requirements
● Proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel and Google Drive suite (Sheets, Docs, etc)
● Must be able to to craft financial statements
● Must be able to create budgets
● Must have experience with cash accounting
● Familiarity with Filemaker database is a plus
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills
● Strong preference for at least five years of accounting experience
● Strong writing skills preferred
How to apply
Candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com