City: St Paul, MN
Since 1996, Interact’s mission to create art that challenges perceptions of disability has opened doors for artists with disabilities and audiences eager to experience their work, who might never have seen the arts as a life choice, but who now see the arts as essential to their humanity. With over 125 artists working in theater and/or studio arts, Interact is multi-cultural, intergenerational, and embraces the entire spectrum of disability labels.
Interact’s work is driven by a vision of radical inclusion. We collaborate with artists with and without disabilities, from mainstream and marginalized communities, whose stories and life experiences are the grist for our original, ensemble-generated theatrical work, and inspire the spectrum of media that are created in our studio. Interact was the first – and remains the only –visual and performing arts organization for artists with disabilities, nationally or internationally, that is creating full-time at the professional level, and sharing exciting seasons of performances and exhibitions with our audiences.
Reports to: Director of Advancement
The is responsible for all administrative aspects of development and public relations activities.
Scope and Impact:
The Advancement Coordinator plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Advancement Department Office and participating in all marketing, communications, and fundraising activities including donor and public relations, direct mail appeals, and special events.
● Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence
● Create monthly fundraising reports and other database reports as needed
● Continually update and correct database records
● Conduct preliminary research on prospective corporate foundation and individual donors
● Coordinate productions and mailing of spring and year-end appeal letters.
● Send appropriate documentation to process credits to donors
● Answer donor questions regarding tax credit programs
● Maintain individual donor files
● Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fund-raising events
● Prepare media materials for distribution. (i.e. copying, filing, mailing, e-mailing)
● Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
● Box office management for an average of 1 shows a year (winter)
● Special events management and support
● Create and post weekly on social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
● Draft and send biweekly e-newsletters
● Update website and work with website/database vendor when needs arise
● Other duties as assigned
Possible performance measures:
● Number of donations processed and acknowledged within 24 to 48 hours.
● Success in maintaining accuracy of database records.
● Accuracy of fundraising reports.
● Success in coordinating the production of direct mail appeals.
● Success in maintaining donor hard copy files.
Qualifications or requirements
● Excellent verbal and written communications skills
● Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
● Ability to organize and prioritize work
● Ability to work independently and collaboratively
● Excellent interpersonal skills
How to apply
Please send a letter of intent, resume, and three professional references to email@example.com.
No phone calls and no drop-ins, please.
We will be reviewing resumes as they are received and interviewing qualified candidates right away.