City: St. Paul, MN
The Ordway: The Ordway, recognized as one of the U.S.’s leading not-for-profit performing arts centers, is home to a wide variety of performances throughout the year that encompass the finest in American musical theater, world music, dance, and vocal artists. Performances take place in the 1,900-seat Music Theater and a 1,100-seat Concert Hall. The Ordway is committed to providing a welcome and inclusive environment for all patrons, artists, and employees.
Position Purpose: The Applications Analyst is responsible for the support and advancement of application tools that support enterprise workflows.
• Posting Date: 5/8/19
• Closing Date: Open until filled, this position will remain open until the Ordway has seen a diverse pool of candidates.
• Employee Type: Part-time, 25 hours per week
• Department: Technology
• Reports to: Director of IT Services
Key Performance Areas:
The Application Analyst role is responsible for configuring, documenting, testing, modifying and maintaining software applications as well as working with internal clients. Understanding the need of specific business applications and technology in the organization. Creating system and operating documentation. Job functions include configuring applications by translating the business requirements into software specifications and working on issues with the IT team and software companies.
Applications include, but not limited to:
The Ordway is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the organization through their experience and technology skill set.
Qualifications or requirements
• High school diploma or GED, degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience preferred
• Two+ years’ experience required
• Ability to translate end-user needs and requests into the applications to make our tools more efficient
• Ability to collaborate, cooperate, interpret, and communicate information that is not always straightforward
• Ability to identify, evaluate, investigate and offer alternative solutions to problems
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and varying workload
How to apply
For more information or to apply, visit ordway.org/employment.
Ordway is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, age, local human rights commission activity, national origin, and veteran, or disability status. The Ordway Theater and administrative office are wheelchair accessible and service animals are welcomed. All applicants who have questions or needs regarding access accommodations or interpreting assistance for job interviews are encouraged to reach out to Human Resources.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined here, or who have important skills we haven’t listed. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply anyway and tell us about yourself.