City: Grand Rapids, MN
Salary: $47,035 – $84,192 / yr.
Is this a remote / WFH position?: No
Itasca Community College is seeking an unlimited, full-time Art Instructor who is committed to excellence in teaching and learning; using active and experiential learning strategies; creating a student-centered environment; commitment to teaching students with a wide variety of backgrounds and working collaboratively with colleagues to create a successful student learning environment.
Position duties include but are not limited to:
• Instruct students in a variety of lecture and lab setting for Art courses using student centered teaching and learning processes.
• Collaborate work in the larger college community and the local community through a variety of activities (e.g., service on committees, program level assessment, student life, local boards, art groups, etc.).
• Explore and incorporate technology into curriculum delivery, including online instruction.
• Activities related to teaching and learning including, but not limited to; curriculum development, instructional planning, student evaluation, classroom management, interpersonal relations, and promotion of safety and student success.
• Develop multi-cultural, gender- and disability-fair curriculum to serve a diverse learner population.
Qualifications or requirements
• Master’s degree with a major in fine arts or Master’s degree in any discipline/field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in art.
Teaching and Learning Competency Requirement
• All new faculty in unlimited positions must complete the Teaching and Learning Competency requirement during their probation period.
• Teaching experience with a diverse learner population.
• A commitment to cultural diversity and inclusive teaching.
How to apply
Applicants must apply online using Itasca Community College’s People Admin online application: https://nhed.peopleadmin.com/postings/1505
Please upload the following information with your People Admin application:
• A letter expressing interest in and qualifications for the position
• A current resume
• A list of three professional references with contact information
• A statement of applicant’s teaching philosophy, especially as it relates to a community college setting
• Unofficial copies of academic transcripts and licenses (official will be required at time of hire)
Posting Contact Kerri Dahl at email@example.com or 218-749-7767
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This document can be made available in alternative formats such as large print, Braille or audio tape by calling Carmen Bradach, Senior Human Resource Officer (218) 749-7743. AA/EO, Veteran Friendly