City: Chatfield, MN
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No
The Chatfield Center for the Arts’ Artistic Director will work with leadership to advance the nonprofit organizations regional growth and community outreach. This includes implementing and managing strategies to increase and improve events programming in Performing Arts, Visual Arts, Community Outreach, and Creative Education. The Artistic Director will direct the design and implementation of promotion campaigns for all CCA events, programming and general CCA branding. The Artistic Director functions as an equal partner to the Operations Director and reports to the Chatfield Center for the Arts’ Executive Committee.
• Performing Arts. Develop, document and implement an annual programming plan to curate a diverse array of music, theater and entertainment programs in three venues: Potter Auditorium, Backstage, and the Legion Room.
• Creative Education. Develop, document and implement annual programming for diverse classes and workshops which include visual arts, performance arts, public performances and exhibitions. Programming must include classes and workshops that are minimal cost to CCA and are relevant and accessible to participants of all ages and abilities.
• Community Outreach. Develop, document and implement an annual programming plan to include a diverse array of music, theater, entertainment programs to include programs that are minimal cost to CCA and are relevant and accessible to the Chatfield Community, families and seniors.
• Visual Arts. Develop, document and implement annual programming plan for gallery exhibitions.
• Negotiate and coordinate all artist contracts.
• Work with the Operations Director to coordinate event and program schedules.
• Prepare monthly reports on event participation and program costs.
• Prepare an annual budget to include all events programming.
• Develop and implement a branding campaign to build awareness of CCA’s mission, vision, programs and achievements.
• Direct the development, designs and distribution of all CCA marketing, promotion, communications and web-based materials.
• Ensure all external marketing, promotion and communication materials contain consistent branding and brand image that supports the CCA mission and vision statements.
• Ensure all fundraising and sponsorship campaigns, requests and publicity are consistent with CCA’s mission and branding.
• Negotiate costs and schedule all print, television, radio, and digital advertising.
• Maintain contacts, connections and a constant presence in social media and regional media
• Manage, maintain and update the CCA website; CCA electronic sign; all social media platforms
• Prepare monthly reports on promotional costs and effectiveness
• Prepare an annual promotion budget
• Work with CCA Leadership to prepare and publish Annual Reports
• Work with the Operations Director to identify and prepare grant applications
• Attend all Board Meetings and Committee Meetings as assigned
Qualifications or requirements
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in events programming and artist contract negotiations.
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the development, design and execution of marketing, communication and promotion activities and materials
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience developing and implementing an annual event program plan
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience developing and implementing an annual marketing, communications and promotion plan.
• Demonstrated success in grant writing and grant award management
• Experience in developing and managing budgets
• Demonstrated Graphic design skills and experience using Adobe InDesign
• Proficient with social media platforms, especially Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Ability to provide excellent customer service in response to internal and external questions and requests
• Ability to work collaboratively with organization staff and committee leadership
• Flexible and comfortable with changing priorities
• Minimum 5 years of experience curating performing arts programs and negotiating contracts with demonstrated success in the non-profit sector
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or Arts Management/Administration.
• Graduate degree in Arts Management/ Administration desirable
How to apply
Send a letter of interest (addressed to the Executive Committee), resume, 3 professional references, and samples of marketing/promo work to email@example.com. Position is open until filled.