Artmobile Summer Intern
City: St. Paul, MN
The East Side Arts Council is looking for someone to assist our Lead Artist during this summer’s Artmobile session!
Each summer, the Artmobile van – packed with supplies – winds through the streets of the East Side of St. Paul, rain or shine, sticky or cool. No registration is required for the free, drop-in art classes taught by professional artists in area parks and recreation centers. Participation is open to all. Last year, the Artmobile reached more than 1,000 kids.
Our mission is to collaborate with our community and artists to celebrate and experience the arts. ESAC achieves its mission by offering programs with professional artists that mirror the diversity of the community. We provide accessible, free, or low-cost art programs for children and families. We approach tough neighborhood issues and celebrate community strengths through the arts.
We strongly believe that creative arts are for everyone.
The Artmobile Internship is a great opportunity to experience working with a grassroots arts organization. This position would allow you to assistant teach alongside six local and professional artists. The intern provides assistance to the Lead Artist, works directly with our participants and the Guest Artist. This role is especially integral as we rely on information documented by the intern to help guide our future planning regarding the Artmobile and also when seeking funding to continue our community outreach work as an organization.
Job responsibilities include:
– Document the program by recording demographics of participants.
– Document the experience of Artmobile participants by taking photographs and recording comments made by participants, parents, and others involved in the program each day.
– Organize and compile documented statistics weekly and at the program’s end.
– Assist in the implementation of art projects and various tasks assigned by the Lead Artist and guest artists as needed.
– Organize and load supplies onto the van prior to departure each day.
Stipend, Dates, and Hours:
– This is a paid internship with a stipend of $600 ($100/week for 6 weeks).
– Artmobile 2019 dates: July 8th – August 16th, Monday – Friday
– Hours are from 12:30pm – 3:30pm (Classes are from 1pm – 3pm)
Qualifications or requirements
This position requires excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to work with, at times, little direction. Knowledge of creative arts is a must, and an interest in community art is of the utmost importance. The Artmobile intern must possess the ability to work well with a variety of people, especially in regards to children and youth.
May require lifting up to 25lbs. Must be a licensed driver.
How to apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to Jacob Timmons, Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org