Assistant Studio Ambassador
City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $11.25/hour starting
Now Hiring: Assistant Studio Ambassador
Ceramic Tile Manufacturing Company – Mercury Mosaics!
We’re a group of awesome, hardworking creatives and makers. We manufacture the most amazing handmade tile in the world, from scratch, using all American materials. We work hard and like to have a drama-free environment and so we only hire good people.
We’re a part of the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District and like to set a good example by showing how organized and successful artists can be. We celebrate birthdays with potlucks, support each other’s artistic and personal goals and some of us bring our dogs with us to work. Not only do we make gorgeous handmade tile from scratch, we also have a team who creates beautiful artwork digitally for our website and to use in our marketing activities to spread the word about our amazing products.
• Delivering excellent customer service (walk-ins, chat clients, answering emails and phone calls, etc)
– Giving tactful and beautiful design consultations
– Giving professional tours of the studio/production space
– Facilitating communication between clients and our Sales Team/Sample Department or whomever is most capable and qualified to help the client with their current needs
– Writing lots of personal notes (as emails) to check in with clients and help move their tile projects along
• Assist with Administrative tasks
– Office Supply and general studio supplies Inventories
– Other random creative and fun tasks
• Computer/IT Skills
– Help troubleshoot general IT related issues as needed
– Client data entry and organization
– Long-distance communication via email and chat
• Cleaning and Organizing
– Dusting and vacuuming, keeping the showroom tidy and beautiful, always photo-ready and approachable for guests
– Contributing to the overall cleanliness of the studio including front desk area, office area, and kitchen/break room area
• Company Birthday Potlucks, Events and Artist Markets
– Help with party planning, set up and after event clean-up for our employee potluck
– Assist with community artist markets and events we host throughout the year
We will train you in on the inner workings of the business, but computer skills and a good sense of design/art are a must. Must love dogs. 😊
Full time, M-F, 9-530pm
Starting at $11.25/hr
Qualifications or requirements
Your first week of work you will be working in the factory portion of the company making tile so you can become familiar with how our tile is made. You must be physically able to be on your feet all day, lift 50 pounds and handle the physical exertion involved in making tile so you can complete this training step. No ceramics experience is required, but is a bonus.
You must be organized, literate, friendly and able to do basic math.
Detail-oriented and able to follow directions is a must!
Application process will include various math, IQ and personality assessments.
How to apply
Contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me why you think you’d make a great addition to our team!