Audience Services Manager
City: Winona, MN
The Performance Center, a multi-venue facility, produces and/or presents over 150 events annually and serves an annual audience of over 25,000 patrons from the campus community, the city of Winona and the Southeast Minnesota/Southwest Wisconsin region. Events include the annual Page Series of professional performing arts and associated community programs, as well as Saint Mary’s music, theatre, and dance performances and various University events and convenings. The Performance Center also serves as a rental facility a ticketing agent for several local organizations. Please visit www.pagetheatre.org to learn more about Performance Center programs and activities.
The Audience Services Manager is part of a three-person team responsible for management and operations of the Performance Center. The Audience Services Manager will:
– Set up and manage sales of all ticketed events using ticketing/CRM software. The Audience Services Manager will also serve as the operational lead for this system.
– Manage customer relationships, with duties including: maintaining sales database and creating various reports; resolving patron issues; group sales and school matinee ticketing; developing customer loyalty programs; and soliciting customer feedback.
– Ensure that customer service standards are being met with every customer interaction.
– Supervise box office operations, including fiduciary responsibilities for ticket sales and accounting; reconciliation of daily receipts and deposits with the university business office; monitoring and replenishing box office supplies; and monitoring of petty cash.
– Along with the managing director, serve as a community liaison for the Performance Center, with duties including building relationships, relevancy, and engagement across the Saint Mary’s campus and throughout the Winona community.
– Work with the managing director on the development and execution of Page Series community programs and audience development initiatives.
– Organize hospitality needs for visiting artists, community programs, and receptions.
– Hire, train, schedule, and supervise six to nine student employees.
– Manage the distribution of promotional materials on campus and within the local community.
– Recruit, develop, and manage volunteer corps.
– Serve as house manager for events and performances as needed.
– Act as a public face for the Performance Center and Saint Mary’s University.
Qualifications or requirements
The ideal candidate must:
– Possess exceptional customer service and communication skills and be able to positively and effectively interact with the public, facility renters, and members of the Saint Mary’s community, including students, faculty, administration, and alumni.
– Have strong organizational skills and be able to handle multiple tasks and priorities while meeting deadlines.
– Be professional, dependable, trustworthy and able to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team.
– Have a clean driving record.
– Show strong leadership skills and the ability to motivate and influence others.
– Show initiative and demonstrate an ability to think creatively, analytically, and strategically.
– Have a strong knowledge of and connections to the local community, and demonstrate a commitment to strengthening the Performance Center’s relationship with internal and external constituencies.
– Demonstrate a thorough understanding of and commitment to the mission, programs, and goals of Saint Mary’s University and the Performance Center.
Education and Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in related field (arts, business, marketing/communications).
– At least 3 years’ experience in a customer service role is required.
– A minimum of 2 years’ box office experience, and experience with ticketing/CRM software is required.
– Experience with Microsoft Office and G-Suite programs required.
– Experience in and knowledge of the performing arts, presenting, and/or producing fields is preferred.
– Experience with supervision of employees and volunteers preferred.
– Experience with financial management or accounting preferred.
How to apply
Visit https://www.smumn.edu/about/offices/human-resources/job-details/audience-services-manager-2 to view the posting and complete an online application, including a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references.