Bilingual Marketing Manager
City: Tucson, AZ
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Arts Foundation for Tucson and Southern Arizona (Arts Foundation) is a 501(c)3 funding agency, designed to advance artistic expression, civic participation, and equitable economic growth of our diverse community by supporting, promoting, and advocating for arts and culture in our region.
The Arts Foundation’s Bilingual Marketing Manager – a new position – will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive marketing, communications and branding strategy to ensure that Arts Foundation meets its strategic goals of:
Community impact: AFTSA’s mission is one of community impact: “to advance artistic expression, civic participation, and equitable economic growth of our diverse community.” Successful community impact will include:
o Increased capacity and professionalization of arts organizations.
o Increased financial sustainability of working artists.
o Increased diversity in artists and arts organizations supported by AFTSA.
o Increased participation with artists, arts organizations, and the broader community.
o Increased access and exposure to arts among Tucson, Pima County and Southern Arizona’s diverse community.
Organizational sustainability: AFTSA aims to increase its budget in the next three years.
o Secure a dedicated revenue source by 2021.
o Secure funding from private foundations.
o Secure additional public funding.
Arts coalition building: AFTSA aims to support the arts in the community beyond funding to meet a need identified by community members to build a strong coalition that can provide support among its members and advocate for the arts in a coordinated fashion.
o Connect artists, arts organizations, and the community more broadly.
o In addition to financial support in the form of grants, provide non-financial support and resources to artists and arts organizations.
Expand public art program: The Foundation will explore opportunities to expand its public art program, both to increase its community impact and as a potential contributor to organizational sustainability.
Perception change: AFTSA considers that work to achieve the first four priority goals will naturally contribute to increased name recognition for the Foundation and a shift in perception about the role of the Foundation in the region, which was impacted in part by a name change that took place in 2016. With increased name recognition and perception change, which we hope to achieve through our community-based work, we aim for more community members to engage in our work and that of art organizations and artists in the community.
Reporting directly to and working closely with the Executive Director, and collaborating with other Arts Foundation staff members, this position is responsible for a broad spectrum of Arts Foundation’s external communications to advance the organization’s mission, including, but not limited to: online and print media creation and distribution, brand management, community (including donor) communications, and social media. This position also develops and implements marketing and communications strategies to support grassroots community outreach, promotion of grant opportunities and calls-to-artists, and community-based workshops for artists and arts organizations. The position will be responsible for developing and tracking metrics related to marketing activities and analyzing these in order to continually improve organizational reach.
The successful candidate will be a superior communicator, self-motivated, and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong expertise in cross-cultural, cross-platform content development, and a deep understanding of the evolving media landscape. Successful candidates will demonstrate a connection to influencer marketing and be knowledgeable in emerging social media trends. The position is an exciting opportunity for someone who is passionate about the power of the arts to activate the community and build stronger, more interconnected environment for community members in Tucson and Pima County, who has a strong interest in social justice and civic engagement. Arts Foundation offers a dynamic and collaborative work environment, with opportunities for professional development.
• Develop, pitch, and execute media relations strategies in English and Spanish
• Support effective public relations campaigns in English and Spanish
• Write, edit, and distribute content for online communications and other collateral materials, including: website (artsfoundtucson.org), print materials, flyers, e-blasts, e-newsletters, advertisements, and donor communications
• Design and produce online and print communications; manage external graphic designers, videographers and other contractors as needed, including public relations contractor
• In collaboration with the staff and board, develop and implement marketing and communications campaigns that help the Arts Foundation to meet its strategic goals
• Manage dynamic website; integrate multimedia and interactive content, implement ongoing updates, and ensure new content and consistent information is posted regularly
• Develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy in collaboration with the staff to increase community engagement
• In collaboration with staff, create and implement communications and marketing efforts to support outreach activities throughout the region, including distribution of grant and public art calls-to-artists opportunities
• Serve as a spokesperson for Arts Foundation
• With Executive Director, staff, and board, develop and implement strategy for events and activities that meet the organization’s stated goals
• In collaboration with the Executive Director and staff create messaging and talking points for interviews and public speaking to ensure Arts Foundation message consistency, brand integrity, and quality of presentation during interviews; provide media training to organization representatives
• Develop and track metrics to assess the effectiveness of communications activities, including email marketing, media partnerships, website, e-newsletters, and social media posts; provide regular reports to staff
• Assist with special projects and initiatives
Qualifications or requirements
• Bilingual Spanish and English
• Intermediate coding skills, experience with WordPress preferred
• Experience with Slack, Trello preferred; experience with Salesforce or other, similar CRM with email marketing integration such as Vertical Response
• Minimum three years of progressively responsible communications experience
• Experience with Google Analytics and strategy development in relation to various marketing analytic tools
• Proven ability to translate communications strategies and objectives into specific, measurable results
• Superior writing skills with exceptional ability to create exciting, clear, and persuasive messages
• Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills and ability to speak effectively to a variety of audiences
• Experience managing and building contact lists
• Working knowledge of processes as they relate to web production
• Strong ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting competing deadlines
• Innovative and critical thinker with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
• Commitment to the Arts Foundation mission
• Ability to work occasional flexible hours including evenings and weekends on occasion
• Bachelor’s degree or equal experience required
How to apply
Please send to email@example.com, with Bilingual Marketing Manager in the subject line:
1) your resume
2) cover letter
3) two of your best writing samples or social media campaigns, and
4) three references including two direct supervisors
to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Marketing Manager in the subject line.