Box Office Manager
City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $37,000 – $39,000
The Jungle Theater, located in the diverse Lyn-Lake neighborhood of Minneapolis, is one of the country’s most dynamic theaters, renowned for its imaginative productions and intimate setting. Since its founding in 1991, the Jungle has been a flagship example of the transformative power of the performing arts, playing a vital, continuing role in the economic, social and cultural life of its neighborhood. Under the direction of Artistic Director Sarah Rasmussen, now in her fourth season, the Jungle is focusing on new work, including world premiere commissions, and is deeply dedicated to gender parity and inclusive representation onstage and behind the scenes.
Qualifications or requirements
Position Purpose: The Jungle Theater seeks a Box Office Manager that plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the Theater, as well as leading our efforts to create a welcoming ticketing and on-site experience for patrons. This position is responsible for all aspects of Jungle Theater’s box office, including supervising a staff of customer service representatives and concessionaires, and general office management for the Theater. The Box Office Manager directly reports to the Managing Director and works in close communication and collaboration with all other Jungle staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for daily operations of the box office ensuring we are providing exemplary customer service to our patrons.
• Report on single and season ticket sales, including ticketing system set-up, management of season ticket packages; and working with Managing Director on pricing and scheduling.
• Hire and train all box office staff, concessionaires and ushers.
• Lead, coach and manage box office staff, concessionaires and ushers.
• Ensure all theater spaces are safe, clean and ready for Jungle patrons.
• Overseeing concessions, including determining offerings and prices, ensuring upkeep and restocking of supplies, and coordinating artist merchandise sales as needed.
• Serves as the box office liaison to all levels of Jungle Theater staff and artists, including handling VIP ticket requests.
• Schedule and coordinate access services (ASL and AD)
• Manage and collaborate with Box Office Group Sales Associate
• Responsible for overseeing timely and accurate financial transactions that occur within the box office, as well as upkeep of financial records and reports as needed.
• Responsible for submitting payroll information to finance, including all time sheets for box office and concessions staff.
• Point person for office systems, invoices, and maintenance including supplies, equipment as well as digital and hard file management.
• Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and ITS service providers.
• Work with Marketing and Communications Manager on creation and distribution of marketing materials, including proofreading, creation of discount codes, and pulling mail and email lists as necessary
• Other duties may be assigned
• A minimum of two years of experience in a box office; familiarity with the performing arts non-profits required.
• Customer service experience required.
• Management experience strongly preferred.
• Additional skills include exemplary customer service and phone skills, database management, and money management.
• Knowledge of box office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
• High attention to detail and strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Proficient in MS Office.
• Strong commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms.
• Experience, ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
• Ability to exercise professional discretion and confidentiality.
• Ability to work primarily evenings and weekends.
• Must be able to lift 30lbs; reliable transportation is required.
The Jungle Theater is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
To apply send cover letter and resume to Managing Director Shannon Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.