Box Office Reservationist
City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: Depends on qualifications
The Guthrie Theater engages exceptional theater artists in the exploration of both classic and contemporary plays connecting the community we serve to one another and to the world. Through its extraordinary artists, staff and facility, the Guthrie is committed to the people of Minnesota, and from its place, rooted deeply in the Twin Cities, influences the field as a leading 21st century arts organization.
Every year more than 500 people, both on stage and off, help ensure our success in creating and supporting the highest level of theater. As an organization, we are committed to our values of Artistic Excellence, Community, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, and Fiscal Responsibility.
The Box Office Reservationist provides excellent customer service and sells single tickets to patrons over the phone and in person. This position is part-time, working approximately 15-20 hours per week.
1. Customer Service
• Provide exceptional customer service to patrons of the Box Office, taking every possible step to ensure that customers have a positive experience
• Assist patrons over the phone and at the ticket counter by providing information about seating, pricing and policies for ticket purchases and exchanges for all shows, as well as other events on site
• Present a polite and professional demeanor when interacting with patrons and colleagues
• Handle customers promptly and politely
• Learn about and share information regarding Guthrie shows, programs and other offerings with patrons
• Become familiar with productions and special performances in order to effectively address questions from patrons
2. Ticket Processing
• Follow established procedures for transactions and money-handling in ticketing software
• Use knowledge, skills and judgment to assist customers, seeking help if something is unclear or requires additional input or assistance
• Communicate customer inquiries to the Box Office Manager and Supervisors as needed
• Adhere to scheduled shifts
• Operate radio system to contact security in case of an emergency
• Actively participate in team building, fostering a work environment of artistic excellence, community, equity, diversity, and inclusion, and fiscal responsibility
Qualifications or requirements
• Excellent customer service skills required
• Ability and commitment to working with diverse groups in terms of gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status
• Experience with Tessitura ticketing software is preferred, but not required
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Ability to concentrate effectively in a busy environment
• Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone
• Ability to work a variety of hours including mornings, evenings, and weekends
How to apply
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position:
• Cover letter
• References (3 total)
The Guthrie is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment and strongly encourages applications from people of color and women. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.