CHROMA ZONE Project Coordinator
City: Saint Paul, MN
CHROMA ZONE: Mural and Arts Festival – Project Coordinator manages administrative and community engagement tasks for the Creative Enterprise Zone’s (“CEZ”) initiative, including but not limited to, onboarding community partners, scheduling and setting up meeting and convenings, taking minutes, managing planning calendars as well as event coordinating and invoicing. The Project Coordinator will interface with a variety of stakeholders in the zone including but not limited to business and property owners, civic leaders, CHROMA ZONE organizing partners, and artists. Consequently, the Project Coordinator needs to be able to work with a wide variety of people and personalities, consistently living the values of CEZ in every interaction. Events and activities may occur anywhere in the Twin Cities, so the person in this role needs to be able to travel to and coordinate the schedules of multiple parties across a somewhat wide geographical area.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Scheduling and Coordination
• Coordinates regular meetings with community partners for CHROMA ZONE by communicating with identified leads to generate the agenda, set the meeting calendar, take and distribute the minutes
• Schedule one on one meetings with business and property owners to meet with the CEZ team and sponsorship coordinator from April through August for CHROMA ZONE festival planning as well as take and report minutes.
• Sets, communicates and coordinates schedules for CHROMA ZONE planning as well as weekly meeting preparation and research.
• Manages project timeline. Assist the project team (CEZ+Partners) to meet planning deadlines.
• Schedules talent for CHROMA ZONE events in communication with the CEZ Team as well as the festival partners
• Gathers evaluation for activities and grant reporting in partnership with the CEZ board
• Manages logistics for CHROMA ZONE
• Ensures contracts are signed and submitted
• Processes and submits invoices and expenses
• Works closely with the team to ensure events operations are synchronized with the festival programming and activities
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications or requirements
• 3 to 5 years of related experience
• Successful history of coordinating the schedules of a large number of people and/or large events
• Able to build strong relationships with a diverse group of people, as well as working with a variety of groups, like community groups, advisory panels and art organizations
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Keen attention to detail
• Flexible and willing to adapt to change
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills
• Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficient in MS-Office programs
• Possession of a reliable cellphone
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• Familiarity with project management software
Physical and Schedule Requirements
• Ability to lift up to 50-100 pounds
• Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends, as needed
• Ability to walk several miles on occasions
• Ability to work outdoors before and during CHROMA ZONE
• Current state ID or driver’s license and in possession of personal vehicle – bike or car
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
How to apply
We’re seeking a project coordinator for Chroma Zone Mural & Art Festival. Provide a short letter of interest with relevant resume. Email resumes and questions to email@example.com. We expect to host a meeting/interview within a week or so and have someone onboard starting May 1st.