City: St. Paul, MN
Salary: $15.00 – $16.00 / hr.
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No
LOOKING FOR FULL & PART TIME APPLICANTS – ASK US ABOUT OUR SIGNING BONUS!
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for setting up, operating, or tending machines to mix or blend clay materials. This clay mixing position is integral to our manufacturing process and interfaces with both the Potters and with our production employees.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Must be able to mix clay to exacting standards or hardness.
2. Must be able to produce either alone or with a co-worker approximately 2500 to 5000 pounds of clay per day, mixed to reliable consistency and delivered to the Potters and Handle Makers.
3. Able to problem solve the inconsistencies of the clay to be able to ensure proper results.
4. Must have the ability to work independently for long periods of time and also work as a team member when required.
5. On a daily basis; inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
6. Using either control mechanisms or direct physical activity to operate machines or processes (not including computers or vehicles).
7. Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
8. Participate in all Safety and Health Training Programs as required.
OTHER PERTINENT JOB INFORMATION:
1. It is every employee’s responsibility to perform each job task safely. If an employee is unsure how to perform the task safely and/or follow operating procedures, he or she must consult with their lead/manager.
2. Exposure – Frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud.
3. Performing General Physical Activities – Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials. Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
4. Production and Processing – Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
5. Equipment used: pallet jack, pallet lift, clay mixer, clay cutter, conveyor systems, vacuum pumps, carts of various sizes, wire cutters, putty knives and box cutters.
Qualifications or requirements
Must have experience working in a factory setting, take initiative, strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work both alone and in a team environment, and an eye for detail and precision. Requires a high school diploma or GED. Prior experience working with clay is preferred. Knowledge of Macintosh operating systems is a plus, as well as database programs such as File Maker.
How to apply
Click on the link below to apply online:
Or send email to: