Communications Manager, Communications & Community Engagement
City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $48,000 – $56,000 annually
Organization website: https://artspace.org/
Direct link to apply: https://www.artspace.org/sites/default/files/downloads/artspace-communications-manager-12-16-2021.pdf
Is this a remote / work from home position?: This is a hybrid position (partially remote, partially site-based)
Job Title: Communications Manager
Reports To: Vice President, Communications & Community Engagement
Classification: Full-time, Salaried/Benefits. This position is hybrid due to COVID-19. Applicants can expect to work remote and at our Minneapolis office.
Artspace’s mission is to create, foster, and preserve affordable and sustainable space for artists and arts organization.
We have worked with more than 300 communities to plan for and in some cases implement place-based strategies that integrate the arts with complementary public agendas, including economic and community development, historic and cultural preservation, transit-oriented development, and social justice. From these experiences, we have developed a sustainable, equitable model of arts-driven change that has helped inform and influence the growing international movement of creative placemaking.
Artspace currently has a portfolio of 50+ projects providing affordable housing to over 2,000 artists and their families, and affordable space for more than 650 artist studios, small businesses, and creative enterprises across the country. Artspace also owns and operates two unique commercial venues in Minneapolis that require communications and marketing support from our main office: The Cowles Center for Dance and the Performing Arts, and the Northrup King Building (NKB)
Artspace is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Communications team in Minneapolis. The Communications Manager is responsible for filling the gap of key communications initiatives at Artspace headquarters, as well as advancing venue-centric marketing and messaging across platforms for Cowles and the Northrup King Building. This role will involve an emphasis on work surrounding press relations management and digital media marketing, including social media management and newsletter generation.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Salary: Annual salary range between $48,000—$56,000
• Benefits: Medical and Dental care, 403(b) Savings Plan (employer match after one year), Health Savings Account (HSA), Paid Time Off (PTO), and more
• A fun and engaging work environment!
Artspace provides equal employment opportunities for all persons regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or status with regard to public assistance, disability, sex, or age.
Qualifications or requirements
• Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
• Experience using email marketing platforms (Mailchimp, Constant Contact)
• Experience with CMS web platforms (Squarespace, Drupal, Webflow)
• Past experience with PR, knowledge of Twin Cities-based arts writers a plus
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong project management skills and copyediting skills
• Exceptional interpersonal communications skills
• Ability to plan and organize work and manage multiple and sometimes conflicting priorities
• Ability to identify, evaluate, investigate, and offer alternative solutions to problems
• 2+ years of previous experience communications, digital marketing, or related field a plus
• Experience working for a nonprofit, event planning skills and photography skills a plus
How to apply
This position is considered open until filled and Artspace will consider candidates on a rolling basis. Please submit your resume and cover letter via email or mail to:
Email subject line: Artspace Communications Manager
RE: Artspace Communications Manager
Artspace Projects, Inc.
250 Third Avenue North
Minneapolis, MN 55401