City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $20-$50 hr
Off-Leash Area is a small Twin Cities performing arts company with a 20-year history of creating a distinctive body of work in 27 original interdisciplinary productions, and creative community programming.
With this unique artistic identity, the company has cultivated a loyal and growing fan-base, and has been a critical favorite from the outset. Off-Leash Area has been included in the local press’ Best of the Year lists 15 times since 2000, awarded 2 Ivey Awards, received a Sage Award, been featured on TPT’s MN Original, was commissioned by the Walker Art Center and the O’Shaughnessey.
In 2017 we acquired our own building and turned it into the Off-Leash Art Box, a 70-seat, flexible performance venue to serve the local community of independent and original performance makers. We have been in the heart of Twin Cities arts community for 20 years, and we are extremely excited to provide this very needed asset for our community.
With our experience and resourcefulness, our resilience and commitment, and – importantly in a community that has recently lost many small venues – our new facility, Off-Leash Area is well positioned to take on a role in the community as a leader in cultivating and supporting independent artistic voices.
We are looking for a Development professional to help us fulfill that role.
The Development Assistant (DA) is a part-time (10 hours per week) position at Off-Leash Area. The DA forwards the mission of the organization. The candidate ideally is familiar with the work and artistic vision of the organization, and is aware of the organization’s reputation in the community. The candidate works directly with the Artistic Directors and Board of Directors.
Desired time frame of engagement – September 2019-May 30, 2020, with the goal of continuing the position in the future.
Develop Community Relationships
Collaborate with the Artistic Directors to develop lists of potential partner organizations for each OLA program, and help establish and facilitate relationship building with compatible partners.
Identify local small business and corporate donors and sponsors. Assist in grant writing. Work with the AD’s to develop a business sponsorship plan.
Develop Potential Income Streams
Facilitate formal discussions with board, staff, and advisors to devise new funding or income streams organic to the organization and leveraging the Off-Leash Art Box as the primary asset.
Staff & Board Engagement
Establish effective and productive relationships with Staff & Board members. Track progress and communicate risks, issues, and concerns with Staff & Board. Attend Board meetings (5-7) over term of engagement.
Qualifications or requirements
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
The ideal candidate:
• Commit to the position for 9 months.
• Demonstrates a flexible, friendly, positive, and dynamic communication style focused on
• Is comfortable working in informal environments while maintaining a professional work ethic.
• Is experienced with fundraising and comfortable with asking for financial or other types of
• Maintains strong project management, progress tracking and report generation best practices.
• Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience with grant
writing and promotional writing.
• Is able to multitask and prioritize appropriately to meet deadlines.
• Possesses a passion for and experience with contemporary performance.
• Is familiar with the local arts environment and Off-Leash Area’s work.
• Is knowledgeable of local and national funding trends.
• Demonstrates a strong understanding of current gender identity, social justice, and gender
How to apply
Please contact Jennifer Ilse, Co-Artistic Director of Off-Leash Area, at: email@example.com