City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $55,000 – $60,000 annually
Is this a remote / work from home position?: This is a hybrid position (partially remote, partially site-based)
The Development Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to maintain and grow our theater company’s contributed income. As a part of our nimble, dynamic organization you will report to and work in partnership with our Managing Director to develop and implement plans that have a substantial impact on our organization and community. More than 1,200 individuals and a dozen foundations/ corporations donate annually to Theater Latté Da, and give through an annual gala, generating approximately $1.2 million in contributed income.
Areas of Responsibilities and Duties
● Create, drive, and execute annual plans for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individual donors, sponsors and grantors.
● Develop, drive, and implement Latté Da’s annual fundraising efforts, including annual direct mail and digital campaigns, the annual report, and other donor communications.
● Coordinate the Director’s Circle monthly giving program, including benefit fulfillment and donor relations.
● Solicit, compile and submit the information required for grant submission and review for institutional and government grants, proposals and reports; create and manage annual calendar of grant-related deadlines; identify potential new funding sources through research on foundations and searches of databases; maintain digital files of materials needed for proposals and records of all grants requested and received; depending upon skill set and experience, create proposal content.
● Plan and execute annual fundraising strategies, programs and events in coordination with Executive Staff and the Board Gala Committee; serve as a key staff point person for all major programs, including the Annual Gala, act as the key point person for contracted event staff.
● Serve on the Board Development Committee and work in tandem with the Managing Director and Development Chair to plan for bi-monthly Development Committee meetings; engage Development Committee members and other board members in fundraising.
Qualifications or requirements
A successful Development Manager will possess the following abilities and skills:
● Relationship Builder: Communicate and work effectively with all styles, (e.g., communications, thinking, abilities, etc.) build positive relationships with donors, patrons, board members and colleagues.
● Communications/Writing: Must demonstrate excellent reading, writing and speaking skills (English). Must also work successfully with a variety of individuals, maintaining a customer-centric focus, and absolute personal discretion of confidential data and documents.
● Intercultural Competence and Commitment to diversity and inclusion: Ability to work with individuals of varied styles, perspectives, gender expression, race, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
● Creativity: Possess excellent curiosity, creative thinking and problem-solving skills. Apply them in this role to help achieve the mission and strategies of the organization.
● Project Manager: The ability to manage multiple projects concurrently – while working collaboratively with staff, patrons, board members and others. Proven ability to successfully juggle varied priorities while maintaining detailed, timely records.
● Technology: Proven experience with CRM software (Patron Manager preferred), and Microsoft Office (with emphasis on Word and Excel).
● Education and Experience: 3- 5 years nonprofit development experience, preferably in the performing arts.
In addition to the skills listed above, it would also be helpful but not required to have knowledge about planned giving and some experience with graphic design.
How to apply
To express your interest about this opportunity, please apply email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with Development Manager in subject line.