Digital Print Operator
City: Roseville, MN
Salary: $14.00 – $20.00 Hourly
Is this a remote / WFH position?: No
The Digital Print Operator will be responsible for maintaining and operating a state-of-the-art digital printer to produce a large variety of direct to object parts from network files on Digital Print systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Operate high resolution digital print systems to produce high quality direct to object prints per the shop order and running test samples for quality control purposes.
– RIP files and/or review job instructions to prepare jobs for printing. Transfer data files via network to print controllers.
– Verify colors by matching customer requirements per job; Verify substrate is as outlined in shop order; Verify Ink adhesive to substrate; Color calibration and recording densitometer readings, while and matching color proofs.
– Evaluate output and adjust obtain a desired level of image quality; Adjust image position, matching proof and flooring sample.
– Maintain daily print job production logs.
– Setup, program and release jobs from print queue.
– Troubleshoot minor machine malfunctions and perform light machine maintenance.
– Coordinate raw materials required for an upcoming daily workload.
– Perform daily cleaning, replenishing of consumables, and replacing of filters & bottles and waste containers.
– Accurately reports and records daily production and scrap to ensure inventory accuracy.
– Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests; Achieves competency and meets standards regarding setup and run times as established by the company. Reads and follows all Shop Orders to ensure correct product components, quantities, and packaging/label information in preparation for subsequent steps in the process
– Organize supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, tabs and other items as needed; Record all material usage for printing area; Maintain inventory levels.
– Ensure proper material handling, conditioning and loading; Maintain clean working environment; Practice safe working habits.
– Knowledge, ability, and willingness to perform all duties of assigned area.
– Cooperate with all co-workers, customers and vendors projecting a positive and supportive attitude
– Supports AFI’s vision and mission statements, corporate philosophy and fosters respect and strives for a harmonious workplace
– Supports AFI’s commitment to Continuous Improvement
– Maintains confidential information at all times
– Cooperates with all departments and adheres to policies, rules and regulations proofing to be an exemplary example for those you lead
– Keep area clean, functional and well maintained
– Will report to work on time, alert and ready for production at designated start time
– Other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications or requirements
– Ability to pass Hue Test Color Discrimination test
– Knowledge of various types of printing systems; Technical competency in the Digital Print field; Good knowledge of file manipulation and file formats for digital print.
– Computer competency.
– Highly detailed oriented- quality focus driven.
– Team player and self-motivated.
– Must have basic problem-solving skills.
– Able to read, write, and communicate clearly to ensure accuracy and understanding of job ticket.
– Be able to work extended hours and weekends based on production schedule.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
– 1+ year of digital print experience (Large Format printer – Mimaki or flatbed printer a plus or digital print press).
– High school diploma or equivalent.
– Desktop application and DFE color correction experience a plus, but not required. Knowledge of or experience with image editing applications a plus, but not required.
English required. Bilingual a plus.
The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure
Must have basic measuring skills- able to read a ruler and other measurement devices.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.