Director of Development
City: Saint Paul, MN
Salary: Starting salary commensurate with experience
History Theatre is seeking a Director of Development to lead a dynamic fundraising team. The Director of Development will work closely with the Managing Director, Board and Staff to create, manage and coordinate new and existing fundraising strategies that greatly increase the organization’s support from individuals, sponsorships, events, grants and other sources. We anticipate designing and entering a capital campaign in the next year.
Qualifications or requirements
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrate practical development experience, including major gifts, annual funds, sponsorships, events, planned giving and/or capital campaigns.
• Communicate the fundraising plans, goals and achievements of the theatre in a clear and compelling manner in writing and speaking.
• Prepare annual fundraising plan, budget and income projections and track and report performance against goals throughout the year.
• Work with the Development Committee and the Board of Directors to identify prospective donors and oversee strategies in donor cultivation and solicitation.
• Oversee the work of the Development Manager and work together to prepare timely reports on gifts and pledges, background information, and solicitation materials.
• Manage all donor and event communications, reports, and database information.
• Design and implement cultivation and recognition opportunities and events.
• Demonstrate positive attitude and enthusiasm within a dynamic work environment.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• Knowledge of philanthropic environment, resources, economic influences, and trends
• Four years experience in development with an emphasis on building relationships and indicating a progressive record of accomplishment; capital campaign experience preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional Suite. Preferred: Experience and knowledge of Fundraiser and/or other donor database system; and donor prospecting system(s)
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Basic knowledge of organizational and program planning and budgeting
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work with staff, volunteers and board of directors in a team environment
• Understanding and enthusiasm for the mission, values and goals of History Theatre
• Vehicle and/or reliable mode of transportation required for attendance at off-site meetings, presentations and events
Compensation and Benefits:
• Starting salary commensurate with experience
• Medical/Dental insurance available
• Paid vacation and sick time
• Parking or public transit stipend
How to apply
To apply: Please send a resume, references, and cover letter to:
Karen Mueller, Managing Director
30 E 10th St
St Paul, MN 55101