Dona Turbes Summer Studio Internship
City: Minneapolis, MN
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No
2021 Dona Turbes Summer Studio Internship
The Dona Turbes Summer Studio Intern will work closely with the studio technicians to provide studio and classroom support for summer clay camps at NCC. The Intern will gain broad experience in the behind-the-scenes technical operations of a large community art center, including technical work and help with special events. In addition, s/he/they will have the opportunity to work as an assistant in the Clay Camp programs as described above. Clay Camps and the Dona Turbes Internship will proceed in summer 2021 with safety protocols following the recommended state public health guidelines.
Interns will be responsible for:
• Preparing materials and supplies for weekly youth camps at NCC, including loading and unloading kilns
• Leading by example through safe use of materials and equipment in the studio
• Sorting and packing camper projects to prepare them for pick up
• Other special projects as they arise
Qualifications or requirements
Experience working with clay is essential. Interest and experience in working with children and adult education is helpful. Dependability, attention to detail, and strong interpersonal skills are a must.
How to apply
Your application should include:
• A letter of interest describing your qualifications for the position and how you will benefit from a summer volunteering at
NCC. Send your letter as a PDF.
• A resume (not more than 1 page) outlining your clay and teaching experience. Send your resume as a PDF.
• Contact information for 2 references who can speak to your clay experience and/or work ethic. Send your reference sheet
as a PDF.
• 3 images of current ceramic work. Submit images as JPEGs at 72 ppi.
Email your application to Samantha Longley at firstname.lastname@example.org. Documents should be submitted as PDF files and images as JPEGs at 72 dpi. Applications may be mailed (with images on CD) to: Northern Clay Center, Attn: Samantha Longley, 2424 Franklin Avenue East, Minneapolis, MN 55406. All applicants must be 18 years of age or older.