Early Childhood Lead Teacher
City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $31,000 to 32,000 a year
MISSION/VISION OF ORGANIZATION
Urban Arts Academy’s mission is to bring neighborhood people together from diverse cultures by providing creative experiences in the arts with children and families to develop the gifts of self-expression and community. The overarching goal is to provide arts and education opportunities to increase the social supports and developmental assets for neighborhood families, communities and children to ensure a structured, supportive environment that maintains social, academic, and behavioral consistency for students.
Position Title: Preschool Arts Lead Teacher
Responsible to: Preschool Director
Status: Full time salaried Exempt
Location: South Minneapolis
I. PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Preschool Arts Teacher provides Arts Infused Education experiences for students and helps Urban Arts in fulfilling its mission.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Teaching Preschool Arts to students ages 3 to 5 years;
• Lesson planning
• Creating a nurturing learning rich environment for all students;
• Offering daily arts activities, circle time, large muscle time, interacting daily and weekly with families and community partners;
• Teaming with staff to ensure that all aspects of licensing requirements are met.
• Honoring the Creative Curriculum and UAA Art-infused curriculum
• Preparing for and holding conferences with parents twice a year.
• Attend Open Houses for families twice a year.
• All the duties described in the Staff Calendar
Qualifications or requirements
This position requires artistic and creative abilities as well as the teaching skills and desire to provide quality early childhood education opportunities to neighborhood youth; ability to teach preschool level Spanish in a circle time setting desired but not requested; experience working with families to provide individualized preschool experiences; demonstrated skills in spoken and written communication; proven ability to work with a team a must.
This position needs a degree in EC or Child Psychology and at least 3 years experience.
Organizational skills including ability to prioritize multiple tasks in an early childhood classroom; respect for and willingness to work with a variety of people in this multicultural community; ability to work independently, responsibly, and with flexibility; commitment to timeliness,
completeness, and high level of professionalism in fulfillment of classroom management; familiarity with or commitment to learn about the Urban Arts Academy, an urban arts focused non-profit, and being supportive of its focus to serve neighborhood youth and families.
How to apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Tamar: email@example.com