Education Program Coordinator
City: Duluth, MN
Salary: $14 / hr.
Is this a remote / WFH position?: No
The Education Program Coordinator is responsible for the integrity, planning and implementation of the education programs. The Education Coordinator is responsible for the successful coordination of all education programs at Duluth Art Institute, with the ultimate objective to provide art experiences to the region’s general and artistic community. You will work with artists and class participants to make the learning experience meaningful and seamless. This position works closely with everyone at the Duluth Art Institute.
Supervision: Works under the guidance of the Executive Director and in partnership with the Community Engagement and Development Manager.
Work Schedule and Compensation: 20 hours/week, $14 per hour
Please note: Events often take place after 5 p.m. and on weekends. Education Program Coordinator must be flexible in work schedule.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
Planning: Coordinate long-range education program plan and participate in strategic planning. Coordinate robust education program that fulfills DAI mission to enrich daily life with dynamic, innovative visual arts programs that upholds excellence and promotes active community participation.
Programming: Coordinate innovative and responsive arts education programming that includes hands on artmaking experiences for artists at all stages of their development. Serve as main point person for physical studio environments. Apply education policies, goals and objectives for education programming, and conduct regular evaluation of
Additional Job Responsibilities:
• Create long-range education program plan
• Participate in staff retreats and organizational strategic planning
• Provide program content, statistics and budget information for grant proposals and reports and participate in site visits as needed
• Produce program descriptions and gather images for newsmagazine and PR
• Conduct program evaluations
• Ensure safety and security of teachers and students
• Support DAI ceramic studio
• Coordinate and schedule and promote classes and workshops
• Prepare material lists and informational correspondence
• Order, receive and maintain inventory of class supplies
• Prepare and maintain studios and program equipment
• Prepare teacher contracts and payment invoices
• Coordinate special projects for education program
• Coordinate Lincoln Building community activities
• Coordinate participation in program-based special projects
• Provide accessibility to Lincoln Building; monitor and distribute keys to building
• Coordinate snow removal, lawn maintenance and garbage removal
• Supports DAI education instructors and volunteers
Qualifications or requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in visual arts or four years or more of related experience
• Strong experience in education encouraged
• Comprehensive knowledge of, and connection to, the artistic community
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet programs
• Ability to work independently with evening and weekend hours
• Ability to work with a diverse constituency
Physical demands and work environment:
• The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Some standing, walking, bending, reaching, frequent use of hands, stooping and light lifting (at least 10 pounds) is needed.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to apply
Submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Education Program Coordinator
Deadline: Open until filled
Tentative Hire Date: Feb. 1, 2021
If you prefer to mail your information, please send to:
Duluth Art Institute
Attn: Christina Woods
506 West Michigan Street
Duluth, MN 55802
About the DAI:
The Duluth Art Institute is committed to the principle of diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from a broad spectrum of people, including BIPOC, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. The Duluth Art Institute’s mission is to enhance daily life with dynamic, innovative arts programming that upholds excellence and promotes inclusive community participation. Visit our website for more details on these job opportunities. Inquiries send to email@example.com