City: St. Paul, MN
Salary: $30,000 part time
Organization website: https://lyrabaroque.org/
Is this a remote / work from home position?: This is a hybrid position (partially remote, partially site-based)
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR — POSITION DESCRIPTION
The Lyra Baroque Orchestra is seeking an Executive Director, the senior operating officer, to continue Lyra’s tradition of exceptional performances of baroque music and to nurture the organization’s further growth and outreach.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will partner with the Artistic Director to provide overall leadership in operations and implementing goals. The Executive Director is expected to direct fundraising, supervise staff, and take the lead in budgeting and financial management.
Qualifications or requirements
Leadership and Program Management
• Together with the Board of Directors, guide the development of a long-range strategy consistent with the organization’s mission
• Lead the implementation of Lyra’s strategic plan, and development
• Oversee all aspects of Lyra’s artistic programming from securing venues and hiring performers, to scheduling, producing publicity materials, and facilitating events
• Monitor and evaluate the extent to which goals and objectives have been met
• Manage staff and volunteers in the successful execution of their duties, including overseeing staff responsible for concert production and office administration
• Create a positive environment that encourages continuous learning, as well as personal and organizational growth
Financial Planning, Management, and Development
• Cultivate Lyra’s revenue-generating and fundraising activities (individual, corporate, foundation, and planned giving, as well as special events) to support existing and expanding operations
• Manage financial reports, taxes, annual budgets, and legal filings in conjunction with the Board of Directors
• Oversee payables, budget, cash flow, and legal filings
• Ensure that sound bookkeeping and accounting procedures are followed and that Lyra complies with tax obligations and all relevant regulations
• Establish and maintain good relationships with all constituents, including board members, patrons, musicians, volunteers, vendors, and partners
• Act as an effective spokesperson and inspiring representative for Lyra
Qualifications or requirements
• A self-starter who can enthusiastically build, guide, and direct an organization
• Nonprofit management experience and/or arts administration degree
• Fundraising, grant writing, fiscal management, and budgeting skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Musical experience and/or knowledge of baroque music a plus
• Ability to build long-lasting relationships with a broad range of stakeholders.
• Self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively
• Aptitude for both creative and strategic thinking
• Ability to execute and track detailed plans
• Flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends for meetings and concerts
• Qualities: Ingenuity, dedication, enthusiasm, and a sense of humor!
How to apply
APPLICATION PROCESS AND HIRING TIMELINE
Individual and job-sharing applications are equally encouraged.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Margaret Sullivan, Board President email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted through January 10, 2022
Candidates selected for in-person interviews will be asked to provide three references and a writing sample.
Projected start date: February 14, 2022 or successful candidate’s earliest availability.
The Lyra Baroque Orchestra is an equal opportunity employer.