City: Mankato, MN
Mankato Symphony Orchestra Executive Director Job Announcement
The Mankato Symphony Orchestra (MSO) is inviting applications for the Executive Director position. MSO is seeking a visionary steward who, under the direction of the Board of Directors, will collaborate with the Music Director to continue to grow the Orchestra artistically and financially. The Executive Director manages all resources needed to achieve the Orchestra’s mission. Overall day-to-day management of MSO’s administrative, fundraising, marketing, public relations, planning and development and financial operations are the responsibility of the Executive Director.
Qualifications or requirements
The successful candidate will:
• Demonstrate a passion for the mission of MSO
• Possess the talents required to build enthusiasm and support for MSO in southern MN
• Have solid nonprofit leadership experience
• Be a strong strategic thinker who enhances the development and achievement of strategic goals.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage and enhance ticketing, donor relationship, financial and marketing systems
• Develop and maintain strong donor and sponsor relationships
• Promote community awareness of MSO through the development and implementation of
marketing plans and actively participating in community events and organizations
• Collaborate with the Music Director to ensure timely, comprehensive planning and production of concerts and special events
• Prepare and propose annual operating budgets
• Solicit funding through the development of grant proposals
• Manage financial resources effectively, adjusting as necessary for financial stability
• Build strong, efficient operations
• Support and direct staff and volunteers
How to apply
MSO is a respected community organization that provides emotion-packed, high-quality musical experiences and promotes musical education in and for South Central Minnesota. The musicians come from local communities, the Twin Cities and surrounding states. In 2020, MSO will celebrate its 70th year of serving the community.
Send a cover letter and resume to the HR Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 15, 2020.