City: New Ulm, MN
Salary: $50,000 / yr.
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The executive director provides the day to day management of the operations of the organization as well as internal leadership in partnership with the external focus of the board of directors. Working with the board, the executive director will develop and secure the financial resources required for the stable operations of the organization; promote the organization as a resource to artists and the community; and continue to build the staff, volunteers and infrastructure necessary to support those activities.
Establish and execute a work plan that implements the strategic direction established by the Board of Directors; and, with the board, represent the organization to the community. Works with the board to ensure its strength and cohesiveness and helps to build a solid board made up of the right mix of community members. Acts as the primary spokesperson for the organization.
Oversees the day-to-day operations of the organization and hires and manages all staff and volunteers. Obtains resources and provides direction to ensure the physical plant is optimally maintained.
Provides financial oversight, creating systems and controls that ensure the confidence of the board, funders, government agencies, and the community as to the integrity of the organization. With the board has responsibility for the financial well-being of the organization.
Leads the development of programs that fit with the strategic direction of the organization. Engages staff, volunteers and board to set and implement the schedule of programs for the organization.
Creates a strong community presence for the organization. Works with staff to create and implement a marketing plan with the goal of increasing membership and participation in the organization’s activities, and forms a corps of arts and cultural teachers working with our education programming.
Development & Fund Management
With the board and staff, design and implement strategies that raise sufficient income to generate annual revenue in excess of expense. Ensures that the organization meets on-going capital and operational needs and builds the reserves necessary to sustain the organization in the future. Responsible for directing development and sourcing funding avenues, including grants, that satisfy our operations and programming needs.
Construct and maintain strong relationships with organizations, funders, community groups, educational institutions and individuals, as well as volunteers. Works to maintain and grow our volunteer base.
Qualifications or requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
• Three to five years of leadership experience in an arts, cultural, business or community organization. Nonprofit employment experience, preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in an arts, business, or a related field.
• Experience in managing people and financial operations.
• Demonstrated ability to read and understand financial statements, to develop and manage budgets, and to produce financial reports.
• Three to five years of experience in marketing, public relations, and/or fundraising with demonstrated experience in strategies that engaged a wide range of stakeholders.
• Knowledge of and/or experience working in small communities or rural areas.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills reflecting critical thinking and good judgment.
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects with successful outcomes.
• Action-oriented & entrepreneurial
• Committed and focused with strong analytical skills
• Appreciation for the arts and enthusiastic about our mission
How to apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
If questions write to us or call 507-359-9222.