City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $22.44 – $26.25 per hour
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No
The Finance Associate is responsible for supporting MacPhail’s daily business activities including monthly and year end accounting, and accounts receivable. The position works with the finance team to improve efficiencies and ensure the accuracy of MacPhail’s financials. The Associate provides a positive experience for employees and customers in all finance interactions.
RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Process monthly accounting including review of coding and balance sheet, account reconciliations, journal entries. Resolve and communicate discrepancies with CFO and Finance Manager.
• Monitor revenue contracts, recognize associated revenue, and ensure invoices and payments are accurate.
• Maintain the fixed asset system; reconcile fixed assets to general ledger.
• Review accounts receivable aging regularly; follow up with customers when overdue.
• Manage chart of accounts in coordination with the Finance Manager.
• Process end of fiscal year accounting including deferred revenue recognition, expense recognition, audit support.
• Review sales tax payable accounts and remit in a timely manner.
• Generate and distribute 1099s in a timely manner.
• Perform back-up role as needed for finance team functions.
• Consistent and reliable attendance in the office is essential for the success of this role due to security and the level of collaboration required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications or requirements
Education: Associate degree in accounting or finance preferred, or comparable work experience.
Experience: 3+ years accounting experience; non-profit experience preferred
Knowledge and Skills: Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). High level of accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail. Strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to manage time and approach work in flexible and adaptable manner. Proficiency with accounting software, Sage 100 preferred. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word.
Physical Demands: Occasional lifting, approx. 25 lbs. Frequently sitting, working at keyboard for up to 3 hrs at a time. Occasional walking, climbing, stairs, stooping, bending, kneeling.
How to apply
Please visit our website at www.macphail.org/employment and apply online.