City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $15-18 hours per week at $18-20/hour, based on experience
Organization website: https://www.tapestryfolkdance.org
Is this a remote / work from home position?: This is a hybrid position (partially remote, partially site-based)
Tapestry Folkdance Center is a small nonprofit dance organization. Current programming includes Thursday to Sunday evening folk dances, and 20 other dance groups rehearsing/or offering classes each week. Tapestry has re-opened with proof of vaccination required to be in the building
The Finance Associate is a part-time position that documents admissions, donations, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, rentals and financial reporting using Quickbooks. The FA works in a partnership with Executive Director, Board Treasurer, and Finance Committee.
• Prepare and submit weekly bank deposits
• Process weekly payroll
• Process income, expenses and invoices
• Prepare financial statements for monthly board meetings
• Prepare quarterly and annual Minnesota State reports and 990 tax documents
• Provide accounting documentation for capital campaigns, donor drives and grant submissions
• Ensure all financial records are legally compliant
• Maximize efficiency in accounting procedures
Qualifications or requirements
• Proficiency with Quickbooks and Microsoft office suite.
• 3 years’ experience in a nonprofit accounting setting
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Positive interpersonal skills and able to work collaboratively in a small team environment.
How to apply
Email resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
(no phone calls please).
Deadline: until filled.