City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $44,000 – $46,000
About the Jungle: The Jungle Theater, located in the diverse Lyn-Lake neighborhood of Minneapolis, is one of the country’s most dynamic theaters, renowned for its imaginative productions and intimate setting. Since its founding in 1991, the Jungle has been a flagship example of the transformative power of the performing arts, playing a vital, continuing role in the economic, social and cultural life of its neighborhood. Under the direction of Artistic Director Sarah Rasmussen, now in her fourth season, the Jungle is focusing on new work, including world premiere commissions, and is deeply dedicated to gender parity and inclusive representation onstage and behind the scenes.
Over the years, the Jungle and its artists have received numerous awards, including ten Ivey Awards and many best productions and best artist of the year recognitions by local media. More information available at www.jungletheater.org
Position Purpose: The Jungle Theater seeks a Finance Manager that plays a vital role in the day-to-day operations of the Theater, and is responsible for all the accounting functions and maintenance of the financial records (general ledger). This position is also responsible for creating reports that will drive decision making. The Finance Manager directly reports to the Managing Director and works in close communication and collaboration with all other Jungle staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains general ledger and prepares all journal entries.
• Responsible for all accounts payable and accounts receivable activities.
• Reconciles funds with box office and development staff.
• Reports bi-weekly payroll to CBIZ and prepares journal entries associated with payroll. Review of quarterly payroll reports provided by CBIZ.
• Responsible for insurance, retirement, workers comp and union reports (Equity and IATSE).
• Prepare and file government forms for sales tax, liquor license, 1099-MISC and others as necessary.
• Performs monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts.
• Performs credit card reconciliations.
• Process all payroll accounting entries and review each payroll for accuracy against budget and related documentation.
• Prepares monthly bank reconciliations and makes cash flow recommendations to Managing Director.
• Coordinates preparation of monthly financial statements and year-end financial forecasts.
• Coordinates preparation of monthly cash flow analyses and other monthly reports.
• Assists in providing monthly reports to the Treasurer to be presented at the finance committee and board meetings
• Coordinates annual review by independent auditors. Compiles 990 questionnaire, with direct input from Managing Director, and reviews final 990 report and other documents prepared by auditors.
• Monitor and track ongoing grant activity within the organizational budget and financial statements.
• Maintains historical financial records.
Qualifications or requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree with two years of experience in accounting or bookkeeping. Nonprofits and performing arts experience is preferred.
• Strong ability to prepare and analyze financial reports/schedules. Expertise in Microsoft Office software and QuickBooks is required.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of GAAP
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger
• Attention to detail, excelling in organizing and prioritizing; schedule-driven and results-focused.
• Superb organizational abilities and a keen ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
• Proven track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables.
• Creative energy and ability to generate ideas and make data-driven decisions.
• Interest and passion in theater is preferred, occasional nights and weekends required.
How to apply
To apply send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.