City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $13 / hr.
Floor Captain – Historic Theatre Group, LLC
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Employee Type: Part-Time
Industry: Arts; Live Music & Theatre
Job Type: Live Entertainment Event Business
Experience: Minimum of 2 years’ experience
Reports to: House Services Manager, Historic Theatre Group, LLC
The Floor Captain accomplishes a vital role in creating an enjoyable experience for all guests on behalf of Historic Theatre Group. They work closely with the Event Manager to manage the event and supervise the Ushers in their assigned areas of the theatres. In addition, the Floor Captain is charged with streamlining communication and processes for a successful event.
• Works with and takes direction from HTG Managers and Event Manager to uphold company service standards, providing exemplary customer service and maintaining smooth operational procedures
• Supervises, coaches, and provides clear direction to Usher staff
• Prevents lags in service by assessing and identifying needs in assigned area(s), delegating to staff and jumping in where needed
• Identifies and removes safety hazards as they may occur throughout the event
• Manages conflicts that may arise, maintaining awareness of and responding to surrounding patrons and activities
• Promptly gathers accurate information for Incident Reports as needed
• Assists and directs security team as needed based on established event policies
• Works with tour/show clients to execute their Front of House needs
• Informs and assists the Event Manager in providing a full and accurate event summary for HTG management to review
• Aids in the execution of emergency plans, including providing direction to FOH staff and guests based on company procedures
• Ensures the cleanliness and order of the theatre space and property prior to and during events
• Participates in routine supervisor meetings with HTG Managers
• Performs other duties as assigned or required
Qualifications or requirements
• Effective communication skills, including clear and concise verbal communication
• Quick and efficient decision-making skills; ability to improvise and think outside the box
• Demonstrated ability in a supervisory capacity
• Proficiency in customer service skills
• Proven experience in conflict resolution
• Ability to work independently and take direction
• Experience in the live entertainment industry
• Willingness to work a variety of hours, primarily evenings and weekends
• College degree from an accredited 4-year college or university preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to:
• Walk and stand for extended periods of time
• Bend, squat, and climb stairs
• Talk and hear
• Lift and/or carry up to 40 lbs
• View items/text at a close and distant range
• Use basic computer functions, including email
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Broadway Across America is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal employment opportunity to all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, creed, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other legally protected classification under local, state or federal laws.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Broadway Across America recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Broadway Across America may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
How to apply
Persons seeking to be considered for this position should email a cover letter and references to Sarah.Paquin@broadwayacrossamerica.com.