Front of House Manager
City: Bloomington, MN
Salary: $15.00 / hr.
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No, this is a site-based position
The Front of House Manager is responsible for overseeing the patron experience at all performances in the Schneider Theater for Artistry and performances by the City of Bloomington and the other facility users. The Front of House Manager works 20 – 25 hours per week during the run of Artistry productions in the Schneider Theater. Performances are on nights and weekends.
The house manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the house during the run of the show. House managers welcome the public to the theatre and oversee their safety and well-being before, during, and immediately after the show. They answer questions, listen to patrons’ complaints and concerns, and make audience members feel welcome. Front-of-house staff may be the only members of the company the audience interacts with on a regular basis, so their interactions are of prime importance.
• Responsible for set up of performance space and monitoring concession inventory
• Training volunteer ushers to maintain high level of professionalism at performances
• Supervising and coordinating volunteers during performances in the Schneider Theater, assisting with seating issues, accessible seating, and communicating with the Stage Manager.
• Ensure accurate recording and securing of deposit of concessions income from performances
• Inform and ensure compliance with emergency procedures and other organizations policies
• Work with volunteers and other employees to create a positive experience for patrons
• Coordinates performance timelines with stage management, including pre-show chat, curtain speeches, and intermission.
• Completes and distributes house report for each performance, if required.
• Provides leadership in emergency situations, including fire alarm, medical emergencies, and inclement weather warnings.
• Works closely with management to ensure proper staff is in place for all performances.
• Works to ensure all other house management needs are met.
Qualifications or requirements
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. House Management/working with volunteers experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, including skills in resolving conflict and working with strong and diverse personalities.
• Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
• Confidence and poise.
• High emotional intelligence and adaptability.
• Energy, enthusiasm, and a can-do attitude.
• Sense of humor.
• Patient, curious and collaborative nature.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to FOH Search Artistry at email@example.com