City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: Mid-Upper 50’s
Reports to: Managing Director
In a transformative moment for the Playwrights’ Center, the General Manager will join with the senior staff to fulfill the growth potential of this dynamic 47-year organization. With oversite of the executive leadership team, and in collaboration with senior staff, the General Manager leads the development and management of organizational and departmental budgets, and plays a key role in the development of partnership agreements. Working with the Managing Director, the General Manager is a principal in the development and implementation of HR policy. The General Manager manages, evaluates and strategizes improvements for the Center’s evolving facility needs and oversees IT systems in support of the Center and the 2,100 playwrights is serves each year.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● In collaboration with the Managing Director, lead the development of the annual budget
● Work with program department heads to help manage the annual artistic, fellowship, and membership budgets
● Work with artistic staff to administer partnership program, including development of partnership contracts
● In collaboration with Managing Director, oversee HR policy development and administration
● Supervise the Executive Staff Administrator in their office and company management roles
Facility and Production Management
● Oversee and maintain the Playwrights’ Center building, technical equipment and theater spaces, working with outside vendors where necessary
● Oversee, and when practical, provide technical support for workshops and events as required
● Lead the Playwrights’ Center’s rental program
● Manage outside production and facilities contractors
● Manage IT systems, including office equipment, G-suite applications, and constituent database, working with outside vendors as necessary
● Manage upkeep of web server and website
● Serve as project manager for technology initiatives
● Manage outside IT support and design contractors
The General Manager is a full-time, 52-week position based in Minneapolis. Salary Mid-upper 50’s. Benefits include health insurance, generous paid time off for holidays, vacations and sick days, and an optional IRA plan.
The Playwrights’ Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment filled with mutual respect for all employees. We seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Qualifications or requirements
● Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
● 5 plus years combined experience in technical theater production and/or physical plant and IT management and/or budget management and human resources
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Excellent communication skills
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, and include “General Manager” in the subject line.