Grand Format Digital Printer Operator
City: St. Paul, MN
Salary: $18 – $22 an hour
Is this a remote / WFH position?: No
Miratec Systems is a family-owned, wholesale-only graphics manufacturer that has been serving the sign industry for over 30 years.
We are looking for the right people to join our team across all shifts.
1st Shift – 5am to 3:30pm Monday to Thursday (40 hours)
2nd Shift – 3:15pm to 11:45pm Monday to Friday (40 hours plus 5% shift differential)
3rd Shift – 5am to 5:30pm Friday to Sunday (36 hours plus a 10% shift differential)
These people will work with their Shift Supervisor, the Technical Manager and Manufacturing Manager to ensure that the product produced meets the customer’s expectations, the company’s quality standards, and the compliance requirements. You’ll perform all daily preventive maintenance, quality inspections, and job-specific tasks to ensure accurate, consistent, and repeatable work is produced in a timely manner.
Key Characteristics for Success:
– Self-starter with a solid work ethic.
– Passion for quality in your work and for serving our customers.
– High attention to detail for job specific requirements, color accuracy, identifying art issues, and catching printer flaws.
– Solid ability to prioritize work, be adaptable to changing requirements, and work through challenges.
– Have 1-2 years’ experience operating a digital printer and producing high quality production on a variety of media. EFI Vutek printer experience preferred.
– Interest in deeper learning about how the printer functions, troubleshooting challenges, and developing best practices.
– Receive Work Orders from the design center and print jobs on the correct printer on multiple types of material.
Work with Shift Supervisor & Manufacturing Manager to prioritize orders and ensure that jobs are printed and completed on schedule.
– Ensure that the quality of all work produced meets internal and customer standards. Check print configuration and size before releasing jobs to print. Continually monitor print quality by reviewing work as it is printed.
– Accurately and consistently complete production logs detailing all work performed.
– Sign quality reports on a job-by-job basis to ensure accountability and accurate production reporting.
– Update the electronic schedule when each job is completed to ensure that the production information is kept up to date.
– Accurately record material usage as media is consumed for accurate inventory control.
– Perform scheduled preventive maintenance tasks as directed and document on maintenance log.
– Troubleshoot printer problems and contact appropriate staff/vendors to report problems that require vendor intervention. Log all maintenance calls and resolution.
– Demonstrate ability to perform in a fast pace dynamic environment.
– Ability to lift 50 LBS. and stand for prolonged periods.
– Follow all company policies and guidelines.
– Other duties as assigned.
What we offer:
– Full-time employment at a solid, stable, growing company with a stellar 30+ year reputation.
– Positive, friendly, and respectful work environment that fosters a Gung-Ho spirit.
– Competitive pay with a potential shift premiums and opportunity for overtime.
– Full benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, flexible paid time off, and a 401k plan with a very generous matching program.
– Opportunity to work at a company where individuals are recognized and contribute significantly and directly to our success.
– If you’ve got the skills and experience we are looking for, we will teach you everything you need to know about our industry. We are simply looking for a talented self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic who wants to work for a great company and with a great group of people.