City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $75 / hr.
Cuban American Youth Orchestra (CAYO) seeks an independent grant writer to research and pursue contributed income opportunities for the organization, including foundation and government grants, corporate funding and other revenue sources. This person will work closely with CAYO’s Executive Director. Position is an independent contractor posting, with a rate of $75/hour.
The grant writer will be responsible for:
· Conducting prospect research to identify and cultivate new revenue sources
· Writing grant and proposal content
· Coordinating the grant application process
· Maintaining grant calendar
· Submission of interim and final reports as necessary
Qualifications or requirements
Required skills include
· A minimum of 2 years of experience in professional writing; nonprofit experience a plus
· Demonstrated ability to write successful grant proposals
· Ability to work collaboratively and meet tight deadlines
· Excellent grammar and organizational skills
· Ability to understand and compile all required grant attachments, including financials and evaluation data
Knowledge of Minnesota funders highly desirable
How to apply
Please submit letter of application, including a rundown on your grant writing track record, by June 21 to Rena Kraut, Executive Director at email@example.com.