Graphic Design & Social Media Intern
City: Minneapolis, MN
Green Card Voices is a Minneapolis based, nationally growing non profit that connects immigrants and their communities through multimedia storytelling. We record the first person narratives of immigrants, and publish them in books, online and in traveling exhibits. So far we have recorded the stories of immigrants who are originally from over 120 countries and who now reside in Minnesota, New York, New Jersey, California, North Dakota, Georgia and Wisconsin.
Our programming is designed to empower educational institutions, community groups, and individuals alike to acquire first person perspectives about immigrants’ lives, to foster empathy and build appreciation for the immigrant experience in America. Over a million and a half people have experienced our content so far.
Green Card Voices is currently seeking a Graphic Design & Social Media Intern to support their many efforts.
Duration of the internship: One Semester with the possibility of extension (Fall or Spring)
– Designing web, print and social media graphics for Green Card Voices projects under the instruction of the GCV Graphic Designer
– Create infographics related to immigration, fundraising, and PR for the web and for the 2019 gala
– Maintain and update Facebook/Twitter/Instagram by following brand guidelines and the provided social media plan.
– Provide suggestions for the Social Media updates (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram)
Qualifications or requirements
– Junior/Senior studying at an accredited university
– Excellent graphic design skills and strong work ethic, ability to work in high stress environments
– Relevant experience with graphic design (Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, HTML, CSS)
How to apply
Interested parties are encouraged to apply by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com