Graphic Designer - Contract
City: Saint Paul, MN
Independent Contractor: Graphic Designer
Reports To: Marketing and Engagement Director
Coordinates with: Marketing Manager, Webmaster, Education Director, Contract Videographer and Photographer
Collaborates with: PR Director, Development Manager, and other department heads
Monthly Contract: $2,500/month
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: Provide overall graphic design leadership and support to Park Square Theatre, most specifically, to the marketing, development and education departments.
• Use strong typography and color theory skills (within brand standards and possibly helping to create new brand standards) to effectively support the digital and print needs of Park Square Theatre for the organization as a whole and the Marketing, Development and Education departments in particular
• Retouch and resize high-resolution images; sometimes with a quick turnaround
• Conceptualize and execute image concepts for 9-12 shows per season
• Communicate with print vendors, photographers and other third parties to acquire and/or provide content as necessary (cost quotes, paper samples, press-ready files)
SPECIFIC DELIVERABLES FOR SHOW/SEASON
• Season Brochure
• Student Season Brochure
• Direct mail: postcards and 2-panel self-mailers (1-2 per production)
• Playbill (1 per production)
• Posters for lobby displays
• Graphic design templates for in house lobby monitors
• Inserts for way-finding signs, printed in-house
• Inserts for kiosk street displays and front marquee
• Flyers – printed in-house
• Banners for website home page
• Images for website show page
• Images for Facebook headers and Constant Contact emails
• PR and Dress Rehearsal images — retouch as needed and provide in high-resolution format.
• Print and digital ads in multiple sizes and file formats
• Other duties as mutually agreed
Qualifications or requirements
Park Square Theatre does not discriminate in its hiring practices and, in order to build the strongest possible workforce, actively seeks a diverse applicant pool. We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined below, or who have important skills we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
● Strong knowledge of in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
● Strong knowledge of 4-color printing process and the ability to provide press-ready files to print vendors.
● Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills
● Theatre or Arts background/passion is a plus
● Personal or professional experience working with diverse communities is a plus
● Familiarity in WordPress and Constant Contact is preferred
● Creative problem solving ability
● Self-motivation and self-starter skills
● Strong drive and ability to lead, coordinate, and support multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent collaboration skills to work as a part of a team
How to apply
Deadline to apply: May 24, 2019
Interviews: May/June 2019
Anticipated start date: June 2019
Process: Send resume and work samples (Online link or a PDF max size 10mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may also be directed there. Resumes without samples will not be considered.
About Park Square Theatre
Powered by new Artistic Director, Flordelino Lagundino, Park Square Theatre is a dynamic cultural hub for innovative and civically engaged artists and audiences – a vital intersection for culture, thought and conversation. The heart of our vision is a wide range of culturally relevant work that lifts up a multiplicity of voices and builds authentic relationships across diverse audiences.
Our audience is 80,000 strong, including more than 30,000 7th-12th grade students from across Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa who enjoy direct access to exceptional artists through workshops, discussions and custom residencies.
Our core values in the working environment are: Integrity, Innovation, Collaboration, Well-being, Empathy, and High spirits.