City: Rapid City, SD
Salary: $15.19 + hourly DOQ
Is this a remote / WFH position?: No
Provides all graphic design for the marketing, advertising, and communication needs of the University. Duties include graphic design for university advertising, marketing materials, presentations, email templates, magazines (print and digital), reports, and digital assets utilizing a variety of graphic software applications; developing marketing plans; proofreading, designing, scanning, retouching and editing customer files; requesting bids; coordinating and prioritizing work flow schedules; assist photographer and videographer with content creation, settings, editing, and filing; and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• English, including grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
• design, layout, and graphic art methods and techniques.
• commercial art materials and equipment.
• principles and practices of preparation and reproduction of work for printing processes.
• graphic software applications, Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro.
• high level of proficiency with computer systems and common applications (Mac OSX, Windows, and Microsoft Office).
• establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships, interacting in a supportive manner with faculty, staff, students, and visitors.
• communicate information clearly, concisely, and accurately to others both in oral and written form, expressing ideas in a manner that the user can understand, exercising tact, patience, and professional demeanor.
• handle multiple tasks, prioritize accordingly, and meet strict deadlines.
• develop relevant illustrations and graphic presentations.
• organize, coordinate, and prioritize production schedules.
• provide outstanding customer service.
COMMENTS: A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field is preferred. A minimum of three years’ experience in a marketing agency, or similar, is preferred.
South Dakota Mines is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package including paid medical and life insurance for our employees, as well as medical, dental and vision coverage for spouses and dependents; retirement plans; paid holidays; and a generous vacation and sick day allowance.
How to apply
Individuals interested in this position must apply online at http://www.sdsmt.edu/employment. Human Resources can provide accommodation to the online application process and may be reached at (605) 394-1203. Review of applications will begin November 10, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled. Employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background investigation.