Group and Subscription Sales Manager
City: St. Paul, MN
The Ordway: The Ordway, recognized as one of the U.S.’s leading not-for-profit performing arts centers, is home to a wide variety of performances throughout the year that encompass the finest in American musical theater, world music, dance, and vocal artists. Performances take place in the 1,900-seat Music Theater and a 1,100-seat Concert Hall. The Ordway is committed to providing a welcome and inclusive environment for all patrons, artists, and employees.
Position Purpose: The Group and Subscription Sales Manager will develop, maintain and measure group and subscription sales initiatives. This employee will be responsible for creating and managing proactive, outgoing sales to increase group tickets and subscriptions. The Group and Subscription Sales manager will develop and maintain a sales opportunity pipeline, working to create and reach ROI goals. This employee will work closely with the Ticketing and Marketing teams to improve the organization’s services for groups and subscribers.
• Posting Date: 5/14/19
• Closing Date: Open until filled, this position will remain open until the Ordway has seen a diverse pool of candidates
• Employee Type: Full-time
• Department: Marketing
• Reports to: VP of Marketing and Audience Development
• In collaboration with Marketing and Ticketing teams, create and manage outgoing sales for subscriptions and group sales.
• Provide exceptional patron service to all patrons, with a specific focus on subscribers and groups.
• The Ordway is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and inclusive excellence of the organization through their skills and experience.
Qualifications or requirements
• Two+ years of sales experience required, phone sales experience preferred.
• Superb interpersonal and communication abilities, including excellent oral and written communication skills and professional maturity.
• Familiarity with donor tracking software preferred.
• Excellent salesmanship and proven ability to close sales.
• Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule.
• Successful candidates must be committed to working with diverse community populations.
• High degree of sensitivity for confidentiality.
How to apply
For more information or to apply, visit ordway.org/employment.
Ordway is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, creed, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, age, local human rights commission activity, national origin, and veteran, or disability status. The Ordway Theater and administrative office are wheelchair accessible and service animals are welcomed. All applicants who have questions or needs regarding access accommodations or interpreting assistance for job interviews are encouraged to reach out to Human Resources.
We know there are great candidates who may not fit into the criteria we’ve outlined here, or who have important skills we haven’t listed. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply anyway and tell us about yourself.