Haunted Basement Production Director
City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $6000 (or $3000/person if directing as a team) stipend
Position: 2020 Production Director
Position Start: March 2020
Position End: January 2020
Compensation: $6000 (or $3000/person if directing as a team) stipend
Time Commitment: Various and flexible; most time requirement in Sept-Oct, and Dec.
About the Haunted Basement
Since its inception in 2006, the Haunted Basement has garnered a nationally-renowned reputation for its immersive spin on the traditional haunted attraction; blending artist-driven environments and psychological horrors with immersive theatre to vault beyond the usual tropes of vampires and chainsaws. Now entering its fourteenth season, the non-profit performance company is expanding its mission of experimental and experiential theatre through the lens of terror. Learn more about the company at HauntedBasement.org.
About the Position
The Haunted Basement is seeking a creative and innovative director (or directing team) for the 2020 edition of its signature immersive horror performance art spectacle. Now entering it’s fourteenth season, the company is seeking a visionary director with an all-encompassing eye towards creating a unified whole from a lot of moving parts; from assembling the cast to working with the designers and technicians to create an artistically amazing season of events.
Qualifications or requirements
– Demonstrated capacity to articulate a strong artistic aesthetic and overall vision that inspires others and supports the mission of the Haunted Basement.
– Background in horror, improv acting, performance art, large project collaboration, immersive performance, and/or leadership.
– Demonstrated leadership working collaboratively and respectfully with staff and board to achieve a positive, transparent workplace and progress toward meeting strategic objectives.
– A facility to express artistic intention in written and public forums.
– Demonstrated experience creating and working within budgets and organizational systems
– Ability and desire to engage productively with Haunted Basement’s community and the Twin Cities cultural community as a whole
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills that demonstrate an ability to inspire and motivate others to action.
– Ability to establish a meaningful working partnership with the Operations Director and Production Manager, as well as the rest of the Haunted Basement staff.
– A clear commitment to and experience in increasing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
– An approach to leadership that relies on transparency, enthusiasm, teamwork and clear communication.
– A desire to Get Weird!
How to apply
Interested applicants are asked to submit a résumé, how you heard about this position, cover letter, potential vision for the project, and references in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 13, 2020 at 11:59pm. Any questions may also be directed there.