City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: Discussed in interview, depends on experience
Mercury Mosaics is on a talent hunt for a an HR Generalist. Kick serious butt, create more beauty in the world and wear jeans to work.
We are a super-fun group of 30 creatives who work together to make the world a more beautiful place with our handmade ceramic tile. We make these tiles by hand right here in the Northeast Minneapolis Arts District in a gorgeous historical factory with 24-foot-high ceilings and so much natural light coming in that days can go by where we don’t even turn on the lights!
We’re a hardworking group and we like bringing our dogs to work and having potlucks for birthdays and supporting each other’s goals inside and outside of the company. We’re playing the game of #tileworlddomination and we are regularly selling tile across the US and shipping tile internationally on a regular basis.
We’ve got a great team here already and need more amazing humans to help us run the show. Mercury Mosaics has grown as a company every single year of her 17-year history and we’re growing once again!
Watch our video here to see what we’re up to: https://mercurymosaics.com/pages/our-story#process
Also check out our website: www.mercurymosaics.com
– Maintaining employee schedules
– Organize and manage employee benefits including health insurance, 401K and time off/PTO
– Schedule/administer employee performance reviews and manage salary increases, bonuses, etc.
– Supervising the hiring of new employees, interviewing applicants to be hired, supervising the onboarding process to ensure employees are welcomed into the organization smoothly and the necessary paperwork and such are cared for and organized.
– Transfers – Helping any transfers to smoothly move from one role to a new role
– Work Comp Claims – submitting any work comp claims as needed
– Employee Policies – creating and maintaining Employee Handbook, attendance policies, etc.
– Employment Laws – maintain/implement/ensure compliance with all labor regulations as we grow
– Statistics – collect weekly numbers from various areas of the company and enter weekly into stats pgm
– Conflict resolution – help to smooth out any upsets within the organization
– Recognizes, establishes and maintains work flows throughout the whole organization so that people and materials travel swiftly and smoothly through the organization’s channels.
Other Important Details:
– Salary position, Part-time 20 hours/week
– Address: 1620 Central Ave NE Suite 125, Minneapolis, MN, 55413
– Compensation: discussed in interview, depends on experience
– Our application process includes various math, IQ and personnel potential analysis assessments.
Qualifications or requirements
– At least 1-3 years’ experience in or alongside an HR Generalist role and/or a Bachelor Degree with a focus on HR is required.
– Extremely friendly and a great communicator
– High attention to detail
– Extremely great ability to solve problems
– Able to remain calm when others may be flustered.
– High level of integrity
– Must love dogs.
Your first week of work you will be working in the factory portion of the company making tile so you can become familiar with how our tile is made and our manufacturing processes. You must be physically able to be on your feet all day, lift 50 pounds and handle the physical exertion involved in making tile so you can complete this training step.
– Microsoft Office Suite
– Working knowledge of employment/labor laws
– Not required but bonus: When I Work and Rippling (scheduling and HR platforms that we use)
How to apply
For more information or to apply for this position, please email Laura Stearns at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me why you think you’d make a great addition to our team!