Human Resources Assistant (Temporary)
City: Minneapolis, MN
Salary: $21.50 per hour plus benefits
Organization website: https://www.guthrietheater.org
Direct link to apply: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/GUT1000/JobBoard/47c392e4-6d7f-1e47-226b-ee862ea48cfb/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=ae5525e7-31ad-44db-80d3-c4be5f17b2cf
Is this a remote / work from home position?: No, this is a site-based position
Reports to: Human Resources Recruiter
The Guthrie Theater engages exceptional theater artists in the exploration of both classic and contemporary plays connecting the community we serve to one another and to the world. Through its extraordinary artists, staff and facility, the Guthrie is committed to the people of Minnesota, and from its place, rooted deeply in the Twin Cities, influences the field as a leading 21st century arts organization.
Every year more than 500 people, both on stage and off, help ensure our success in creating and supporting the highest level of theater. As an organization, we are committed to our values of Artistic Excellence; Community; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and Fiscal Responsibility.
The Guthrie Theater would like to acknowledge that we gather on the traditional land of the Dakota People and honor with gratitude the land itself and the people who have stewarded it throughout the generations, including the Ojibwe and other Indigenous nations.
The Human Resources Assistant provides vital support to the Guthrie’s Human Resources recruitment and onboarding efforts. This position will provide onboarding materials and trainings to new Guthrie employees and assist recruiters with interview scheduling and preparation. All Guthrie employees are expected to center, model and champion the Guthrie’s core values of Artistic Excellence; Community; Equity, Diversity and Inclusion; and Fiscal Responsibility.
This temporary position is full-time, non-exempt, and benefits-eligible, with an anticipated duration of six months from the date of hire. Compensation for this position is $21.50 per hour plus benefits. The typical schedule for this role is Monday – Friday, 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., with occasional evenings and weekends as requested.
The Guthrie is dedicated to building an equitable environment that is mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. This position will remain open until filled and until a diverse and qualified pool of candidates is identified. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theater field are strongly encouraged to apply.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Onboarding Support
• Completes background checks, writes offer letters, and communicates important onboarding information to new hires.
• Organizes and implements onboarding materials and orientation processes for new employees.
• Leads and facilitates onboarding sessions for new staff.
• Completes I-9s for new hires and processes new hire accounts in the HRIS system (UKG Pro, formerly UltiPro).
2. Hiring Assistance
• Monitors incoming applications in the Guthrie’s Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
• Communicates and schedules interviews with candidates, following the Guthrie’s standards for written communication.
• Assists in proofreading job descriptions as needed.
• Assists in crafting behavioral-based interview questions as needed.
• As requested, conducts interviews with candidates over the phone, via video platforms such as Zoom, and in-person.
3. HRIS Administration
• Assists in entering employee changes in UKG Pro and other necessary data entry.
• Generates reports from the HRIS system as requested.
• Uploads new hire documentation to employees’ personnel files; scans documentation as needed.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
Qualifications or requirements
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Prior human resources-related experience a plus. Formal, informal and cross-disciplinary experiences will be considered.
• Experience coordinating multiple projects and conflicting priorities.
• Skill in writing, proof-reading and editing to send out error-free communication.
• Experience using an HRIS database or other complex software a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing on both an interpersonal and group level.
• Ability and willingness to exercise professional discretion and maintain confidentiality.
• Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and OneNote.
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours/days reflective of the dynamic schedule of a theater.
• Experience, ability, and commitment to working with individuals and teams that are mixed across lines of difference such as race, gender-identity, sexual orientation, religion, ability, age, class and immigrant status.
How to apply
A NOTE FROM HUMAN RESOURCES
For the safety of our guests and staff, the Guthrie Theater requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Documentation of vaccination status must be provided if an offer of employment is made.
Applicants must submit the following to be considered for the position:
• Cover letter