Human Resources Manager
City: Edina, MN
Salary: $55k to mid-$60k
Youth Frontiers seeks to hire from a diverse pool of applicants and encourages people from all backgrounds to apply. Youth Frontiers will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital or familial status, public assistance status or any other legally protected status.
ABOUT YOUTH FRONTIERS:
OUR MISSION AND VISION is to provide schools with experiences that inspire character, civility and community so that our next generation of leaders is grounded in character.
Youth Frontiers staff members aspire daily to demonstrate a strong understanding and use of YF’s CORE VALUES:
QUALITY – To passionately be the best at, and continuously improve, all that we do.
CARING – To create communities where everyone is respected.
GROWTH – To continue to reach more schools by expanding and innovating our programs and challenging our people to grow personally to be the best they can be.
At Youth Frontiers, we provide schools with experiences that inspire character, civility and community. Our vision is our next generation of leaders is grounded in character. We are a nonprofit, non-partisan organization and have been making a difference in the lives of students and educators for 30 years.
Our team is hand-picked to create the best experience for students, educators and schools. Our people are passionate, creative and fun and believe that every student can positively impact their school and our world.
Youth Frontiers is a 2015 Minnesota winner of the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Award from the American Psychological Association.
WHY THIS POSITION IS IMPORTANT:
You are responsible for the management and administration of the day-to-day human resources policies, procedures and programs that impact 65 employees at Youth Frontiers. You are available when employees have questions regarding anything HR. Your areas of focus include hiring and onboarding, employee relations, benefits administration, records maintenance, HR legal compliance, HRIS data reconciliation, and HR-related administrative tasks.
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK WITH US:
• Our employees consistently name their coworkers as the number one reason they love working here!
• Our culture is nurturing, fun, growth-minded and quality-focused.
• You are eligible to receive all benefits we offer our employees, including medical, dental, short-term disability and a whole bunch more that are listed at the end of this job posting!
• You will have paid time off, and nine paid holidays, including one floating holiday.
• Our employees have the opportunity to seek out professional growth opportunities for themselves, through outside training sources.
• Our organization comes together several times per year to learn and PLAY! We get to step away from our regular workday to connect as a team and build our shared culture.
ABOUT THE JOB:
• You will answer employees’ questions, advise on best practices, train on HR policies and procedures, and direct employees how to find relevant information.
• You will manage and execute all aspects of insurance benefits enrollments, changes and terminations, including the open enrollment process.
• You will manage the performance review process, working with managers and staff to ensure thoughtful and meaningful feedback.
• You will manage the recruiting process, working alongside departments to maximize recruiting efforts.
• You will manage and execute the hiring, onboarding, and termination processes and procedures.
• You will research, explore, and recommend initiatives in diversity and inclusion.
• You will work with accounting to ensure all payroll and benefits premiums are accurately recorded.
• You are responsible for maintaining all employment and HR records, including employee personnel files and documents, as well as our ADP HRIS system.
• You will provide periodic reports to the Director of Finance & HR.
• You will annually and periodically review our organizational policies and documents and recommend updates to the Director of Finance & HR.
• You will assist the Director of Finance & HR with various research projects and/or special projects.
• You will participate in staff meetings, seminars and trainings, and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications or requirements
• You share our values of Quality, Caring and Growth.
• You are positive, creative and good-spirited.
• You understand what is important and you make sure it gets done.
• You understand that our culture makes us unique and maintaining it is a priority.
• You appreciate the occasional mid-afternoon office Dance Break.
• You are able to meet the fluctuating and complex demands of nonprofit human resources.
• You embrace learning as a part of your everyday life.
• You are detail-oriented and process improvement-minded.
• You understand and are committed to culturally competent actions and policies.
• You are often told you are approachable and easy to talk to.
ABOUT YOUR EXPERIENCE:
• You have a college degree in human resources OR at least 5 years of professional experience in Human Resources.
• You have broad knowledge of human resources and employment law.
• You have experience working with confidential and sensitive information.
• You have intermediate or above Excel Spreadsheet and Word skills.
YOU MIGHT ALSO:
• Have experience working in a nonprofit organization.
• Have experience working in a multi-state environment.
• Be proficient using Mac computers or be comfortable learning Macs.
How to apply
Get more information and apply at our website www.youthfrontiers.org/careers/