Individual Giving Manager
City: Saint Paul, MN
Salary: Commensurate with experience and includes benefits package.
Penumbra Theatre is seeking an Individual Giving Manager who will report to the Managing Director and will assist in the development, implementation and management of an institution-wide stewardship program designed to foster and nurture long-term, meaningful relationships between Penumbra Theatre and its donors.
The Individual Giving Manager will work to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors for Penumbra Theatre with a focus on strategies to attract new mid-level prospects and enhance the current level of support.
The duties and responsibilities of the Individual Giving Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
• Collaborate with Managing Director to create a structured, systematic program for donor stewardship which will outlast changes in staff and assure perpetual and mutually beneficial relationships with donors;
• Support higher level strategy for creating a robust donor pipeline for future fundraising goals;
• Manages and oversees the administrative and daily operations of the stewardship program; including acknowledgment letters, thank you notes, mailings, email follow-up, communications, invitations, and playbill recognition;
• Provide the primary logistical and organizational support to keep the Artistic Director’s significant Individual Giving contacts connected, engaged and involved;
• Support the prospect matrix and development plan for all Individual Giving donors;
• Build and maintain relationships with donors/prospects via phone calls, ongoing written contact, personalized emails, meetings, and events;
• Provide and present statistical analysis of Individual Giving fundraising successes to Managing Director at regular intervals;
• Collaborate with leadership team, Grants Manager and Communication staff to create materials and reports to keep donors and funders engaged in events, programs or projects they have helped fund;
• Assist the leadership team to fundraise for specific programs or projects;
• Work with the leadership team and events team members to implement events to involve new prospects and engage existing donors;
• Assist the Managing Director to facilitate annual appeals;
• Provides thorough, accurate, and timely responses to all donor requests for information; demonstrates exemplary customer service in all exchanges;
• Oversees the renewal process and list building, merging and mailing of letters;
• Responsible for creating a timeline for renewals and ensuring that the schedule is followed;
• Maintain donor stewardship efforts after gifts received including outreach, relationship management, ensuring benefit fulfillment and an excellent donor experience;
• Collaborate with the Managing Director on board activities
• Liaise with the Director of Audience Services and Patron Services Coordinator to ensure adherence to standards of customer service;
• Collaborate with front of house team to set and monitor data standards in Ovation;
• Develop systems with effective use of information technology, including databases and spreadsheets, necessary to track and streamline processes;
• Ability to perform complex administrative tasks with only general supervision;
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills to present and disseminate data to various audiences;
• Requires advanced knowledge of computerized systems and operating environments i.e. Microsoft Office and specialized computer applications;
• Perform additional duties as required.
Qualifications or requirements
The ideal candidate must have 5+ years’ experience with proven analytical and strategic thinking capabilities. The ability to interact with staff at all levels, remaining proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important. Must be exceedingly well organized and flexible. Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of theater and the arts in Minnesota a plus.
How to apply
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to Amy Thomas, Managing Director, at email@example.com.